Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can you transfer Sky+ Planner from old box to new box?

This is a discussion on Can you transfer Sky+ Planner from old box to new box? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but I wanted to get a current opinion. Basically we ...

pilkers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Can you transfer Sky+ Planner from old box to new box?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but I wanted to get a current opinion. Basically we have decided to plump for a shiny new 2TB Sky box (149 + 60 on the Sky website) because our old box breaks down and has to be reset (switched off at the mains) every few weeks or so. The final straw is that the Internet connection (via a separate wireless connector box) also has to be reset every few days, but now has finally died altogether. At my friend's house I saw how fast their Sky box and thought it is finally time we invested in an upgrade.

Anyway I just wanted to check if there is a way to transfer programmes from our Planner onto the new box, or maybe to a PC. Otherwise we'd have to run the old box down before slinging it out.

Any advice appprciated, including options on a new box.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Can you transfer Sky+ Planner from old box to new box?

Hi Pilkers and welcome to the forum.
      You don't say what your old box is but providing that it is a black Sky+ HD box then yes there is a programme that will allow you to transfer your planner from your old box to your new box. It's called ExPVR. I'm sure you will find it with a little Googling but before racing to buy a licence check what is involved and whether you are prepared to do it as it does involve some disassembly of both boxes to get to the disk drive connections.

Alternatively check the programmes in your planner as to whether they are available to download on "catch up" or available to buy online.
      Any that aren't can be watched before swapping boxes assuming the new box is self install.

Don't wait too long though as Sky could charge you the full price of the new box if it is not connected within one month of receipt.