Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Treading carefully (Sky sub)

This is a discussion on Treading carefully (Sky sub) within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I currently pay 23.75pm for my 'variety' pack (had it for years, though gradually increased to what it is now) ...

joe pineapples is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLBAL. (Balby)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Treading carefully (Sky sub)

I currently pay 23.75pm for my 'variety' pack (had it for years, though gradually increased to what it is now) which is listed as 28pm normal price. Now I'm thinking of switching my Sky BB to a decent Black Friday offer from BT (always had BT for land line), but wondering if this is going to make Sky increase my tv sub to the normal price, with it in mind that maybe the price I'm currently paying is some kind of 'bundle' price (tv + BB)......though nothing has ever been said about it.
      Last edited by joe pineapples; 30-11-14 at 11:58 AM.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Treading carefully (Sky sub)

Hi joe.

There is no standard discount on the tv sub for having sky broadband.
      (There is the other way around though - 2.50 off bb for having tv & 5 off bb for having line rental).

If you were a customer before september 2011 & haven't changed your tv sub since, you'll stiill be benefiting from the price freeze which occurred then.
      I'm in this situation & pay 24.50 for my variety pack.

So no, cancelling broadband shouldn't affect what you pay for tv unless you currently have a personal offer running that ties the two together.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

joe pineapples (30-11-14)

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Treading carefully (Sky sub)

From what I've heard the "price freeze" price protection you have will be ended in September next year anyway.
      Also don't change your tv package after you remove tel and/or broadband as the price freeze may get removed early.

You should call broadband cancellations (not whole account as they won't care if you're keeping tv) as they may better your deal to keep those products with Sky.
      If you don't have Line Rental with Sky you should get it half price (8.20 per month) if you move it to Sky, plus your broadband will drop to 7.50 per month.