Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Magic eye - stopped working this weekend

This is a discussion on Magic eye - stopped working this weekend within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Afternoon all, After many years of happy usage, the magic eye in the bedroom has decided to stop working. The ...

shady is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nuneaton
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Magic eye - stopped working this weekend

Afternoon all,

After many years of happy usage, the magic eye in the bedroom has decided to stop working.

The Sky 2tb box we had installed last year has been working fine up to now, as was it's predecessor. The RF2 output goes via a distribution box under the tv to two outputs - one to a TV in the conservatory and the other gets piped up via a coax face plate by the TV to exit out of another coax face plate in the bedroom. This aerial lead then has the magic eye attached and we use to control the TV from the bed...

All was working fine until this past week, when the picture went very grainy and there is no response via the remote (switching Sky on, changing channels etc).

I have swapped the magic eye in the conservatory (which still works), to the bedroom TV, and we get no light on the TV link and no further activity.

I have retuned from channel 68 to channels 25 and now 21, and whilst the image has improved considerably, we still can't get the remote to work.

I have changed connectors on the Global F140 distribution box to spare ports, so I know it is not that, and the box has a red light on itself, as does the TV link in the conservatory - until I move this upstairs, whereupon I get no red light and no remote response.

This all worked perfectly up until last week, so I am sure it is not the configuration, but I am running out of things to unplug and replace.

Any ideas - I am getting grief from the missus...

2. Advertisement
      MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

Re: Magic eye - stopped working this weekend

Clearly, it's a bad connection to the bedroom - probably the wall plate or fly-lead connected from it. If you can't locate it then maybe you need the SatCure Guide to Magic Eyes - downloadable eBook.