Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree3Likes

Sky finally installed ; absolute mess!

This is a discussion on Sky finally installed ; absolute mess! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Can't say I've ever had satisfactory install from sky first time, in my old house the two installs that were ...

janitor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01983
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky finally installed ; absolute mess!

Can't say I've ever had satisfactory install from sky first time, in my old house the two installs that were done required 3 visits each, and as for you get what you pay for, if sky offer to to send a a qualified installer to install their equipment I would expect at least, a standard of work that would exceed, the standard of a good diy install, most of my experiences over 20+ years of having sky installed in various houses I have lived in has been well short of even this. My neighbour looked at my last full install and said, I'm a cowboy but even I could have done a better job than that. Saying that the last box I had installed was ok, but as the dish and cabling were already there, it would have been hard to mess up, also I do find that the actual sky installers do tend to do a better job than the subbies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to janitor For This Useful Post:

Ryan1992 (24-04-14)

3. Advertisement
      Ryan1992 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Wishaw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky finally installed ; absolute mess!

The engineer arrived the other day and himself said he wouldnt have left it like that.
      It's all now neatly tacked .... My mum on the otherhand, now wants Sky Multiscreen! Haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12