Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky hd plus box stuck on one channel.

This is a discussion on Sky hd plus box stuck on one channel. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi. I have a sky hd plus box and I'm having a number of issues. When you turn the box ...

NGT
      NGT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky hd plus box stuck on one channel.

Hi.

I have a sky hd plus box and I'm having a number of issues.

When you turn the box on it works ok and shows a channel. You can change a channel directly and the guide works as normal. However, after 2 mins if you press guide everything slows down. Most of the channel listings fail to load and the back up button only responds after about 30 seconds. When it finally goes back to the picture you cannot then change channels. Entering 101 for example does nothing.

the only way to change a channel is to unplug from mains, restart and then change the channel when you have that 2 minute window at the beginning of it powering up.

I've tried a software update and I get the screen which says that the update will take 10mjns etc. I've also tried to re-format drive by pressing the left and right buttons. The wheel spins backwards and I press ok and it looks like it's doing the job however, when I look at the planner menu there are still recording on it so I can't see how it's been formatted.

And help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

NGT.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky hd plus box stuck on one channel.

First empty the deleted programs folder. Left arrow from ALL. When you have done that do a planner Sky+ rebuild by pressing the Services button then 001, Select then 7, press Select twice. This will leave your recorded programs intact.

If you want to do a full System reset which will clear out your Planner, its Services, 001, Select, then 8, Select twice.

Treat 001 as one number, nothing will happen till you press the Select button. In both cases your box will be left in Standby, give it a few minutes then Press the Sky button to resume.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NGT
      NGT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for this. I tried the full reset last night and it worked! Box was operating normally.

But. I tried it again this morning and now get a blue screen. When you turn off the box and back on, you get a picture but you then have again 2 mins to change a channel. Sometimes it changes and you're stuck on the channel and another time I tried via the guide and it's stuck on a blue screen again.

Thanks,

NGT

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

It looks like you need a new box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.