Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upgraded to Fibre, has my TV contract renewed?

This is a discussion on Upgraded to Fibre, has my TV contract renewed? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all I wonder if someone can help me. I joined Sky on 3rd July last year, I've got the ...

Kurby is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Upgraded to Fibre, has my TV contract renewed?

Hi all

I wonder if someone can help me. I joined Sky on 3rd July last year, I've got the entertainment extra pack with sports and movies along with sky broadband and telephone. Sky Fibre is finally available in my area and is getting installed on Wednesday. I'd like to cancel Sky movies but now I'm not sure about the 12 month contract. Do I still have a 12 month contract for my TV ending 2nd July 2013 or is the TV included in my new Fibre contract that ends 14th May 2014?

I've read that Sky class TV and bb/Fibre contracts separately, has anyone got any idea if this is true?

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Upgraded to Fibre, has my TV contract renewed?

The TV contract is separate to the telephone/broadband contract.

If you wish to cancel the TV so that you can get a new customer discount next year, this will be difficult though. Since you will still have the telephone & broadband, they will not treat you as a new customer. However some of the recent deals have been targeted to get existing customers to pick up the other package.

If you just wish to keep Sky TV, then it becomes a rolling contract after 2nd July. This means that after ~1st June you can give Sky 31 days notice to cancel the TV package.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.