Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Repair for 65 Details

This is a discussion on Repair for 65 Details within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello, I've read countless times that you can get your Sky set-up repaired for 65, if you are experiencing any ...

Prestige is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Repair for 65 Details

Hello,

I've read countless times that you can get your Sky set-up repaired for 65, if you are experiencing any problems at all. This price only applies if you're out of your warranty, which unfortunately I am. So for 65, will the installer repair the problem? Plus provide any equipment if necessary? For example, if a new box is necessary will they provide one too?

As of last week Saturday, my mother's Sky connection was cut off; with the error "No satellite signal being received 29". I've tried everything, until I stumbled upon the problem. The wind has severely blown the Satellite dish away from it's position. I've tried moving it back, but it's fixed to it's current position in a solid state. If I had a long-enough ladder, I could probably fix it myself. I've only tried moving it out from my upstairs window (and even then, the dish is significantly higher).

I don't want the dish realigned, I want a new one installed. For 65, would the installer replace the dish? It's an old dish, around 10 years of age, and has a lot of dirt/rust on it (a lot of rust), plus is starting to bend. Additionally, it only has a single LNB; where most set top boxes take two feeds (I will be getting a new/used box off eBay too; I want to upgrade to freesat + new box, but don't want to fork out 175 for an installation which is pretty much complete). So for 65, would that be offered?

Another question I had in mind, let's say my satellite dish broke, snapped in two, set top box fried, plus coax cables ripped; for 65, would the installer repair everything? Or would they charge additional fees? Don't worry, I don't have any ideas in mind.

Sorry for the hassle, and thank you guys/gals very much!

Kindest regards, and thank you ever so much again!

2. Advertisement
      Annie UK is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LWFEL
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity 2
      Router: TP-Link Archer C7
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Repair for 65 Details

The 65 charge covers everything, they will replace the whole system; Dish, LNB, Cables, STBs, etc... if they need to, they will not replace a dish if it is working regardless of the age or the insistence of the customer.

Note: Any repair work is guaranteed for 90 days .

Prestige is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Virgin Media
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Repair for 65 Details

Thank you for your response! I extremely appreciate it, thank you!

Guess before I pay for repairs, I need to get a hack saw and a ladder. No worries though, thank you again!