Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky in another room without multi room?

This is a discussion on Sky in another room without multi room? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi I have Sky+ HD with all channels and one multi room subscription. I was wondering is it possible to ...

Wasteman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi I have Sky+ HD with all channels and one multi room subscription.

I was wondering is it possible to get my sky channels into my conservatory (kids play room) without having to have another multi room sub?

The main reason being is my 2 daughters favourite shows are on the Disney Jnr and Nick Jnr.

Any help is very welcome and thanks in advance.

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky in another room without multi room?

You could run a co-ax cable from rf2 output on your Sky+ HD box to the conservatory and use a magic eye there to control channel change etc. but this would only allow same programme on the TV associated with the main Sky box and the conservatory TV. If the multiroom box is Sky HD (no plus) then there is no rf2 output but you could still use a video sender to show the channel this box is tuned to on your conservatory TV.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Re: Sky in another room without multi room?

There are several choices in this respect. You don't mention what STB they have or how it is connected in their room so I'll list the most common solutions.

If you have the Sky+HD in their room, you could run an aerial lead from their STB to the conservatory. Fit a 'Magic-Eye' and enable the RF2 power and they can watch all the channels (although in SD) which also appear on their own TV. Of course you could use your STB to do this instead, I was just thinking that they could use theirs.

Another possibility would be to fit an AV Sender. There are several to choose from on the Maplin site. Try to avoid the ones which work on the 2.4GHz frequency as this could interfere with your WiFi. Some connect via the Scart. The more expensive ones connect via the HDMI output.

An alternative would be to run a 10m or 20m HDMI lead with a powered splitter (if required) to feed the TV instead.

Finally, both channels are available on Sky Go. You could connect a PC to the TV and stream the content live. However I just tried this and the programmes on right now were both blocked (licensing agreements ) so this might not be a great solution all the time.

Edit: lol Seawright got there before me

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Wasteman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for the info I think I'll try the wireless transmitter option.