Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Can't use Box Office

This is a discussion on Can't use Box Office within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; All my Sky 1TB Box is hooked upto the internet etc, for 4 years now I have had to call ...

evokazz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Can't use Box Office

All my Sky 1TB Box is hooked upto the internet etc, for 4 years now I have had to call for every single event, each time I call they tell me there is a limit on what I can order, and they remove the limit, a few weeks later I order something again, and end up ringing them cos it wont go through!

Today I try to order the WWE Royal Rumble, and again, service unavailable try again later...I just called Sky Support and got a very very rude Indian man, when did the indian call centres come back??? I have downloaded the event now from elsewhere, but how can I sort this issue out? PS A planner Rebuild doesn't fix it
      Last edited by evokazz; 28-01-13 at 08:17 PM.

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Can't use Box Office

Without prying too much.

Do you pay all bills on time and have done in the past,, is your credit history good etc. It may be the Credit Limit on the account is set low in order that you have to pay at the time or go through a few further checks.

This question is the same for anyone associated with your credit file, that can be people at thue same address or anyone that you have had or do have joint credit with.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

All my Sky 1TB Box is hooked upto the internet etc, for 4 years now
      The PPV does not use the internet through broadband, you have to be connected by phone modem. Can you check that you are connected to the phone socket and your box is actually connecting?

I don't think Sky have a call centre in India, they do have one in the Philippines which may sound like a sub continent accent. Of course Sky have many Asian employees in the UK, so you may have had one of these. If the agent does not give you their name at the start of the call, ask for it for future reference. You will very often get a call back or an email asking you to comment on how your complaint was handled. If you do, you will know what to say.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

There is a monthly limit of around 30 I believe for PPV. If your STB is not connected by the telephone line, you are probably paying an extra 1 for each event, so please do connect it to your telephone if only to save you some money.

For those who have a multi-room, the additional STBs have a slightly lower limit. I think it is 20 for the additional boxes.

If you are connected by the phone line, use the Interactive services to check your account. This should also give your STB a chance to clear any PPV items on the card.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.