Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ remote control on ipad4

This is a discussion on Sky+ remote control on ipad4 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi there I have just got a wireless adapter for my Samsung SKY+HD box and have successfully established a connection ...

Mark B is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky+ remote control on ipad4

Hi there

I have just got a wireless adapter for my Samsung SKY+HD box and have successfully established a connection to unlock the full On Demand features. My ISP is Orange (EE) and my router is one of their Liveboxes. I have installed the SKY+ app on my iPhone 4 and iPad 4 and both of these devices are also connected to my Orange WIFI network. My SKY box has the latest EPG and is a compatible version. However when you go into the planner part of the SKY+ app it is unable to find any SKY+ boxes on the network I have tried pressing the number 1 button on the Livebox which puts it in pairing mode and have also uninstalled and reinstalled the app. on both devices but to no avail.

Can anybody give me any advice as to how to make the SKY+HD box discoverable by the app on my devices over the network.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky+ remote control on ipad4

Have you signed in with your Sky ID on the app? (Within the app, it's Settings > Sign in/out).

If it's not that then have a look through this and check everything is set up as they recommend:
      Sky+ app on iPad | Sky Help
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi yes I am signed in on the app. The settings are OK. Have contacted SKY who have escalated it. The wife had it working for a short time but it won't find the SKY HD box again now!! Wifi is OK on Ipad and other devices and OD is working fine on SKY box with wifi adapter. It just let me watch Xmas Doctor Who as it downloaded and picture quality good with no buffering etc. So I am at a loss as to why it won't discover HD box as both are working fine on the network separately. The SKY+ app on Iphone4 also cant find HD box. Not sure wife did to get it going she says she just lifted up router but I can't replicate it. Have tried powering router on & off, disconnecting ethernet cable from router and from ADSL filter. Disconnecting and reconnecting filter and disconnecting phone and other items from filter. Any ideas? If SKY get to the bottom of it once they have escalated it I will let you know. Thanks.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Maybe reboot the Sky+HD box(es) if you haven't already tried that?
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi there

Just an update. It seems to be a problem with the Orange Livebox. I have just been upgraded to an EE Brightbox and the Sky+ Ipad app now works fine on both Ipad & Iphones. If anybody else has this problem it may be generic, the Liveboxes being quite old. However, EE are replacing them so I hope this should not be a long term problem!