Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree6Likes

Sky Channel Numbers Swop

This is a discussion on Sky Channel Numbers Swop within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by Chriskkk Sorry, I may not have made it too clear. My Mother in law has a sky+ ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Channel Numbers Swop

Quote Originally Posted by Chriskkk View Post
      Sorry, I may not have made it too clear.
      My Mother in law has a sky+ box which she just about knows wre sky one is ( was on channel 106) etc.
      Sky one for normal Sky+ boxes is now on channel 170. You cannot get 106 on an old SD box now
      As I say, no thought was made for blind or partially blind people and yes she can hear.
      That must be an accident on the account, because on an SD box the channels should always remain the same. They must have your box marked as an HD box, and there must be an HD sub attached to it. I'd phone up and make sure they have the correct card paired to a SD box, and the signals should be sent to swap them back

2. Advertisement
      Chriskkk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      That must be an accident on the account, because on an SD box the channels should always remain the same. They must have your box marked as an HD box, and there must be an HD sub attached to it. I'd phone up and make sure they have the correct card paired to a SD box, and the signals should be sent to swap them back
      Yes, I'll give them a ring and see. Don't get me wrong, I can see the logic in making the HD channels at the front and I personally prefer it cause I've got an HD box.
      I just hope that perhaps they have somehow got her sub missed up with HD.

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      @stereohaven
      My dad is registered as blind.
      Like most folks in his situation, some sight is attainable in certain light & with certain aids etc.
      I'm so happy for him and them and I apologise for not taking into consideration the personal situation of every person in the UK who is registered blind before responding to a thread on an anonymous internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      This isn't the first time your ignorance has angered me...

You failed to detect the irony in my comment here: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-h...tml#post385122
      There was irony?

Listen, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you or worrying about your opinion of me. When you post on an internet forum people react to what they read and how they interpret what is written. No one knows the context around why a post was written or the finer details of someone's personal situation and how that may colour what they write or mean.

If you are offended by my tone, manner or what you perceive as my insensitivity when you read what I post then I am genuinely disappointed, but I simply can't take into consideration all the things I don't know before I post. If that makes me ignorant then so be it, I'm guilty as charged!

I highly recommend the ignore function to save yourself any further distress, however, if others think I have been out of order (particularly the forum moderation team), then I will happily bow to the majority, cease posting and revert to "read only" mode to spare any further embarrassment.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Yes, I'll give them a ring and see. Don't get me wrong, I can see the logic in making the HD channels at the front and I personally prefer it cause I've got an HD box.
      I just hope that perhaps they have somehow got her sub missed up with HD.
      This is most certainly the likely issue.

It might be that there is another STB on the same account with the HD Sub (i.e. multi-room with HD).

As for gymno & stereohaven, please agree to disagree. I don't think that any real offence was meant but you both do contribute usefully to this forum on different pieces.

There are a lot of people around who don't know much about disabilities. It is by education that more understanding can be made. I know one lady who gets comments about her blue badge and asked why she needs it. The fact that she lost a leg years ago and manages to walk in a natural way most of the time appears to mean that she is not entitled to a blue badge for some people.

As for having to educate people all the time over specific issues, I know that this can be very stressful.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      I'm so happy for him and them and I apologise for not taking into consideration the personal situation of every person in the UK who is registered blind before responding to a thread on an anonymous internet forum. .
      Talk about digging a hole... You've gone from just insensitive to something I won't say because I want to remain a member of this forum.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Guys, this forum is not for arguing about personal issues. We are not like other forums and will not allow this to happen. This is why this forum is the success it is.

If you are unhappy with an individual then either press the report post button or take it up via PM.

Thank you.

Chriskkk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thank you indefatigable and Scubbie.
      You wre right. Somehow (and I don't know how) her box was updated as an HD where its a Sky+.

Sorry if this post post has caused agro and lets hope that everyone can just calm down and help each other.
      I certainly had not realised until this happened how a good thing for HD viewers is diffent for others, even though accidentaly.
      Once again thanks and I'll be on here quite a lot as its a very useful forum for various info.
      Keep up the good work everyone
      Scubbie likes this.

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Sorry if this post post has caused agro and lets hope that everyone can just calm down and help each other.
      It's not your fault in the slightest, it's mine and the way I worded my replies, for which I apologise unreservedly. I certainly didn't set out to offend anyone or hijack your thread, that was never my intention.

As you may have noticed, I can be quite stubborn when I think I haven't done something wrong or when things I say have been (in my opinion), misinterpreted. I will be much more careful in my choice of language from now on.
      NewsreadeR and Paul2003 like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stereohaven For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (24-09-12)

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I was at fault too & i really should learn to be a little less sensitive.

Apologies to chris, stereo & the forum as a whole.
      Last edited by gymno; 24-09-12 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo
      NewsreadeR and Paul2003 like this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (24-09-12)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Have we all kissed and made up now?

In the meantime, heres a special treat for you all.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12