Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Amstradt DRX595 Question

This is a discussion on Amstradt DRX595 Question within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello: I am considering replacing my aging (and often failing) Sony DigiBox with one of these Amstradt DRX895 boxes but ...

The Artful Dodger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01233
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Amstradt DRX595 Question

Hello:

I am considering replacing my aging (and often failing) Sony DigiBox with one of these Amstradt DRX895 boxes but before I do, I need to find out one crucial piece of information: I have to convert the SCART output (I don't need HD!!) to Composite with a SCART-to-Composite Adapter - my question - can this box be made to put Composite Video and Audio onto the SCART?

Thanks ever so much in advance.

Sparky

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Amstradt DRX595 Question

Not many people will have the SkyHD STB connected in this manner, but I would not have thought that it would be a problem.

When the STB was first launched there was supposed to be a multi-function cable which would allow you to connect the STB to a standard AV/Left/Right phono connection on the back of the TV. You may want to ask if this is available.

The STB does not have the ability to connect via UHF.

IMHO the worse case scenario would mean that this STB would not work with your TV. What you could legitimately do, once you have it installed, would be to pick up a 2nd hand Sky+ HD STB from somewhere such as eBay or a local 2nd hand shop. Pair your viewing card to the replacement STB and sell the SkyHD STB on eBay or somewhere else. If you do this you may also wish to consider installing a 2nd feed to the Satellite dish.

In both cases I would also suggest that you should look at installed some method to connect the STB to your home network. There is a planned update either later this year or early next year that will allow the SkyHD STB to access the contents of your Sky+ HD STB and of course any Sky+ HD STB (except the Thomson model) can download Anytime+ content.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

The Artful Dodger is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01233
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Hello, Scubbie:

I am not sure if your answer is 'Yes' or 'No' - I only need to replace my Sony Digibox with a Sky SD Box that I can get Composite signals from.

Sparky

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

It should work as there are many adaptors which can convert between SCART and Phono/composite connections. I have not noticed any threads on this forum with people having issues to be 110% sure.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.