Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky tv linking to more than 3 tv's

This is a discussion on Sky tv linking to more than 3 tv's within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Morning forum first time so please be gentle, i have a small question regarding the possibilities of remotely changing channels ...

tonyd1976 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky tv linking to more than 3 tv's

Morning forum

first time so please be gentle, i have a small question regarding the possibilities of remotely changing channels on 3 or more tv's in various rooms in my house.
      I purchased a labgear HDU681S amplifier thing and some sky eye things but i am lost as to how to wire it all together.
      Can anyone help me out please.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Sky tv linking to more than 3 tv's

Essentially you have two tasks to perform. The first in to install the coax and amplifier, the second is to install the magic-eyes.

With regards to the Coax to the amplifier and from the amplifier, do ensure that the connectors make good contact with the core wire. It may be wise to crimp the centre piece to the wire. It would make sense to locate the amplifier in the loft and feed from there back down to all the rooms. Take the feed from UHF2 Out from the Sky STB.

As for the magic-eyes, there should be instructions with one of them on how to enable the "RF Outlet Power Supply". You should be able to check that the first is working by plugging it into the back of the Sky STB.

The reason why the core & outer sheath need good connections all the way through is to carry the electrical current to power the magic-eyes. If the red LED is off, then there is a poor connection somewhere. It is good practise to check each cable with a multimeter if you have one. Also use good quality wall sockets to take the feed from them to the TV.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

tonyd1976 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

this is the wiring diagram that came with the amplifier i just cant make head nor tail of it.

Sky tv linking to more than 3 tv's-hdu681_diagram.jpg

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

I'm not surprised. This unit appears to be suitable for distributing the Satellite signal as well as standard terrestrial signals, FM Radio and CCTV.

It should be safe for you to ignore the LNB (Satellite) connections as your Sky STB is already correctly connected.

Essentially your ideal setup would look something like shown below:

Outdoor Aerial --> (VCR) --> Sky STB UHF Input --> Sky STB UHF Output #2 --> Wall socket, feeding to loft --> Up Link In

The TV Aerial Output from the Amp will then feed down to the different rooms. This should work just fine.

It is possible for the terrestrial aerial to feed into the Amp directly and for the signal to then be passed down to the Sky STB. This might give a better Freeview signal to the other outputs but I can't say without actually trying it myself.

Using the example I have shown above you can feed UHF Out 1 to your TV to allow you to tune in to Freeview channels.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

It's really quite simple. Run a coax from the RF out 2 on the sky STB to the UP-LINK in port on the amplifier, then just run a coax from the amp outputs to each TV.