Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky 3D

This is a discussion on Sky 3D within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, Just called Sky to see about adding 3D to my package as I have all the channels, plus ...

JasonWilliams is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky 3D

Hi all,

Just called Sky to see about adding 3D to my package as I have all the channels, plus movies but no sport (I hate sport and would never watch it). I was told that unless I had sports they can't add 3D (system automatically adds it). Is there anything I can do "blag" them for free sports (I already have a 12 discount on line rental), I've heard of people saying they were paying over 100 and got it down to 30 per month ... that never works for me! I want 3D but don't need sport (and more importantly aren't bothered about around 5 hours worth of 3D Tennis!!).

I have other sources of 3D but would really like the movies and documentaries on there, just not interested in sport for 12.

Any advice please!

Thanks,

Jason

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky 3D

As there is only 1 3D channel which shows content from all the differing packages you will need the top package in order to get it. When they separate out the channel you may be able to get the 3D channel(s) that relate to your subscription, but at the moment you won't get it without taking sports.

If you do manage to get Sports free it'll only be for a short period i.e. 1-3 months. It may even only be discounted to half price.

Unfortunately there is no way around this.

Fullen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 000
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Sky 3D

There is a 6 month buy one get one free offer available, you pay for sports (4 more) and get movies free, it's a global offer not a turnaround specific one so you should be able to get it quite easy.

If 3D is wroth 4 more a month to you that's probably the best option, if you're out of contract you could maybe get a better offer threatening to cancel but that's as much luck as anything, some agents are more generous than others.