Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving to a new house - want to order a new contract there...

This is a discussion on Moving to a new house - want to order a new contract there... within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I'm a new member of the forums so please be kind to me I'm a big fan of ...

ReflexReaction is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT Infinity
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Pace Sky HD Box
      Thanks

Moving to a new house - want to order a new contract there...

Hi all,

I'm a new member of the forums so please be kind to me I'm a big fan of television and media in general, so glad to be on board!

I am currently living at a property with Sky. There is no contract any more and we are free to cancel at any point. The existing contract is in my now-wife's maiden name. I plan to cancel this contract and take up a new contract in my name at the new house, which we move into on 15th June.

The question for everyone is - will I be able to sign up for Sky before I live at the property? I would like to phone up and arrange Sky HD + Sky Broadband (Fibre) to be installed the week after we move in. Of course, my billing address is still at my old property!

Do you think Sky will allow me to do this? Or will I have to wait until I've moved in and changed my billing address to the new property? I am hoping to use a F&F discount code too, if that makes any difference here!

Thanks to everyone

RR

2. Advertisement
      daniel.gaunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Moving to a new house - want to order a new contract there...

Hi, new member too wanting to ask a couple of questions about my new sky package but saw your question and thought i'd help out. I'm in the same situation, I currently have sky broadband but I'm moving into a brand new build house next week with my girlfriend. as it's a new build our postcode wasn't recognised on the website but we went to a sky stand at our nearest shopping centre and sorted everything out there. We signed up for TV, phone and broadband and all the billing was sorted despite us not living at the new address yet.

We signed up for it using my girlfriends name so we got the new customer deals.

After signing up, we had a call from my girlfriend's mum who had signed up for sky at her new house 3/4 weeks before, saying she had just received a 'recommend a friend' voucher saying if she recommended us we could both get 75 M&S vouchers. We rang customer services to see if we were still able to claim the vouchers but unfortunately not. We asked if we could cancel and re-sign to get the vouchers as we were still in our 14 day cancellation period, and we were told that if you sign up through the recommend a friend scheme, you get the 75 vouchers, but are not entitled to and 'new customer' deals such as free unltd broadband and phone for 6 months, so in the long run it works out best to get the new customer deals.

Hope this helps!

Dan