Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

I didn't take up last years offer of a free replacement box......and now I want one!

This is a discussion on I didn't take up last years offer of a free replacement box......and now I want one! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi guys. I have been a Sky customer with the full package for donkey's years, and a an HD customer ...

bowledforaduck is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01564
      Broadband ISP: Everything plus extra room
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I didn't take up last years offer of a free replacement box......and now I want one!

Hi guys.

I have been a Sky customer with the full package for donkey's years, and a an HD customer with extra room pretty much since HD started.

My ageing thompson HD box is on it's last legs - keep having to reset it, several channels missing, no red button etc.

Last year I phoned to accept an offer of a free replacement box but the offer had run out. My fault. Even so I have spent thousands with Sky over the years and feel somewhat aggrieved too be denied a free replacement.

I seem to remember reading on some forum that an email to Sky's MD did the trick for customers in a similar position.

Anyone know anything relevant to this issue?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: I didn't take up last years offer of a free replacement box......and now I want o

I can only suggest that you try calling Sky first to see what they will do.

Since the PSU is failing, remember that the LNB may become damaged too.

If the phone call doesn't get you anywhere, try Customer Services next, then if they fail try the executive support team.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: I didn't take up last years offer of a free replacement box......and now I want o

I can only say that you will probably not get a free replacement box. The offer has ended. Sky gave you almost 2 years to get the box replaced foc but you chose not to take it up. Also begrudging them about it is a little selfish considering that Sky give you loads of free stuff with charging you any more. You get free stuff at Sky Rewards, new channels, new services etc. You pay the same as most people, and most people will be willing to pay for upgrades.