Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

No Audio/Video error message

This is a discussion on No Audio/Video error message within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; We have an installation originally installed by Sky some years ago of free to air programs and Sky News (no ...

mygoose is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

No Audio/Video error message

We have an installation originally installed by Sky some years ago of free to air programs and Sky News (no viewing card or subscription). The digibox is connected to channel 7 of our Ferguson TV/DVD/Video Combi.

The screen suddenly went snowy and now has a message ! No/Audio Video.

Can anyone help me please?

mygoose

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: No Audio/Video error message

Check the scart plugs have not worked loose. Take them out and plug them back in carefully. Maybe even use a different scart socket on the TV if you have one spare.

I would suggest doing the same with the dish connections, but that would normally give a 'no satellite signal being received message;.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

It suggests to me that you are watching the STB via an analogue channel. Have you re-tuned your TV recently because of the Digital Switchover?

Also check that the UHF aerial feeds are still good.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Check the scart plugs have not worked loose. Take them out and plug them back in carefully. Maybe even use a different scart socket on the TV if you have one spare.

I would suggest doing the same with the dish connections, but that would normally give a 'no satellite signal being received message;.
      Thanks for your reply.

What are scart plugs please? Sorry, but we know absolutely nothing about this. The equipment is all in new condition and nothing is loose.

Thanks for help
      mygoose

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      It suggests to me that you are watching the STB via an analogue channel. Have you re-tuned your TV recently because of the Digital Switchover?

Also check that the UHF aerial feeds are still good.
      Thank you for your reply.

The Digital Switchover in our area of Surrey is not due to take place until 4 April and 18 April and ours is a digital TV so we thought we did not need to do anything? On the screen as well as the No Audio/Video error message there are the words TV/VCR and channel 7 which is the channel the digibox is set up on. The digibox is showing channel 7.

The equipment is all in new condition and nothing is loose.

Sorry I do not know what UHF aerial feeds are. We are pensioners and know nothing about this.

My feeling is that something on the remotes may have been knocked/changed by mistake.

Thanks for help
      mygoose

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

This is a scart lead:
      No Audio/Video error message-992.jpg
      This is a UHF aerial lead:
      No Audio/Video error message-43022_med.jpg

Hopefully you are connected between your sky box and your tv using a scart lead, if so, to view Sky you will need to select 'AV1' or 'AV2' or 'EXT1 / EXT2' on the remote.

if you are connected using an aerial lead, you will need to tune your TV (on channel 7) to the signal supplied from your Sky box.

Note: You will get a better picture as well as stereo sound using a scart lead.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

I would suggest that you ask a son or daughter to pop in to take a look.

I suspect, like you have stated, that the issue is quite simple.

If you are don't know what the different leads are, a friendly face to explain them in person might be safer in your case. It is quite easy, for example, to not plug a Scart lead in correctly, leaving it partially out is enough to not get any sound or a picture, for example. As for the UHF lead, these are relatively easy to connect, but channel 7 for your digibox is possibly not the best option.

If you do indeed have a digital TV, then I suspect that something else is not correct as you wouldn't need a Digibox. It may well be that the terminology is confusing you as someone could mean a Digital TV Set, someone else could mean the Digital TV Broadcast.

With the Digital Switchover, you will need to retune the Digibox two, three or four times. My area started to change last week. I had to retune first thing in the morning, then again later as another transmitter had it's power increased and my TV picked it up too.

There are essentially three sources to receive TV now. They are:

Freeview - Will require a retune with the switchover. Will be built-in with a new television, older models may require a 'Set Top Box'
      Satellite - Both Freesat and Sky fall into this group and their boxes do not require us consumers to retune them when channels are added or deleted
      Cable - Virgin Media is now the main supplier of Cable TV. Again their Set Top Box will handle any required retuning for the stations

What you have, the Digibox, is possibly a Freeview Set Top Box and it is this which you need to tune your TV in in order to receive the pictures. If your TV is particularly old, it is possible that you do not have a Scart socket.

If you are unable to get a family or friend in to help you resolve this, could I suggest the Digital UK Advice line? 08456 505050

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks and yes we have a scart lead and all leads are firmly fixed. All of the equipment is in a new condition.

Unfortunately, because of a reprobate fitter, our Sky digibox and remote installed by Sky during their installation was replaced a couple of years ago by a Technomate TM-5200D USB Super + which has a completely different remote. It has worked perfectly since then until we got this error message. I suspect that one of the remotes (digibox or TV) has been knocked/changed by mistake. The TV is a Ferguson FTVD521T(A) bought about 3 years ago.

We have never touched the digibox remote before and have no instructions.

Thanks
      mygoose

Quote Originally Posted by jayhab View Post
      This is a scart lead:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	992.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	3001
      This is a UHF aerial lead:
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43022_MED.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	3002

Hopefully you are connected between your sky box and your tv using a scart lead, if so, to view Sky you will need to select 'AV1' or 'AV2' or 'EXT1 / EXT2' on the remote.

if you are connected using an aerial lead, you will need to tune your TV (on channel 7) to the signal supplied from your Sky box.

Note: You will get a better picture as well as stereo sound using a scart lead.

jayhab is offline Site Content Team
      Exchange: Connah's Quay
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Sky TV: not any more!
      Thanks

Ok so you do not have a sky receiver, you are receiving (well not at the moment) FREESAT.
      You say that the receiver is connected using a scart lead,so have you tried pressing the Av1, Av2, Ext1 or Ext2 buttons on the TV remote?
      I assume that you have cheked that there is still power to the receiver and that it is switched on too?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayhab View Post
      Ok so you do not have a sky receiver, you are receiving (well not at the moment) FREESAT.
      You say that the receiver is connected using a scart lead,so have you tried pressing the Av1, Av2, Ext1 or Ext2 buttons on the TV remote?
      I assume that you have cheked that there is still power to the receiver and that it is switched on too?
      Thanks but no it is not Freesat (no Sky News with that) it is an installation that Sky did some years ago of free to air programmes plus Sky News for a one off payment and no viewing card or subscription. The fitter simply changed the box but with exactly the same setup.

We do not have Av1 etc. on the TV remote as you suggest. We did have it on the Sky remote but the Technomate remote is entirely different.

Thanks
      mygoose

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast