Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change

This is a discussion on Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Received a card from sky today telling me that due to epg changes, I must delete any planned recordings and ...

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change

Received a card from sky today telling me that due to epg changes, I must delete any planned recordings and make new ones for ITV1 on March 1st.

This is not a problem, as all my ITV1 scheduled recordings are HD, but am curious to know what exactly is happening.

Anyone know the facts?

dog-man

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change

Could it could be ITV1 HD is being moved to the 103 channel?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change

When there have been channel number changes previously, we have not been asked to delete any planned recordings.

We are told that the changes only affect ITV1 and NOT any other ITV channel including ITV1HD.

Changes to ITV1 epg on March 1st. Letter received today informing me of change-20120227_160159.jpg

dog-man

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Resetting planned recordings for ITV1 and ITV+1

Sky TV | Resetting planned recordings for ITV1 and ITV+1

Resetting planned recordings for ITV1 and ITV+1

ITV are making some necessary changes to how they broadcast ITV1 and ITV1+1 which will mean some Sky customers will have to reset planned recordings for those channels.

Not all Sky customers will be affected by these changes. If you are, youíll receive a postcard between 16 February and 28 February 2012 telling you the specific date that will affect you, and what youíl l need to do to ensure the programmes record as normal.

Below are some handy FAQs explaining how these changes may affect you.

Which ITV channels are affected and which channels will need to have their recordings reset?
      ITV1 (channel 103) and ITV1+1 (channel 131) are the only channels which will be affected. You might need to reset recordings for one of these channels or maybe both, so please make sure you read the postcard you will be sent carefully. The postcard will detail which channel need to have recordings reset and when you will need to do it.

What do I need to do to reset planned recordings?
      Itís very simple:
      1. Go into your planner and check if youíve scheduled any recordings for the channel specified on your postcard for that week.
      2. If you have, delete them (including any series links).
      3. Go back into the Sky TV guide, search for the same shows again and re-select them to record, not forgetting any series links.
      The postcard says I have to reset the recordings in the afternoon of the date specified. What happens if I canít make the update at this time?

You need to ensure your recordings are reset as soon as possible afterwards, otherwise they will not record.

Will these changes affect any of the ITV shows I watch?
      No. The only difference you may notice on ITV1+1 is a change in some regional programming such as the local news, but this will be from 1st March. Apart from that, youíll be able watch all the usual programmes. If you want to find out more about changes to the regional programming, you can email ITV Viewer Services on viewerservices@itv.com or call them on 0844 88 14150.

What happens if I forget, or have been on holiday, and donít reset my ITV recordings on time?
      Unfortunately, the programmes will not record, thatís why weíve asked you to reset them on the afternoon of the date provided so you donít miss any programmes.

Is ITV1 HD affected by these changes?
      No. This channel wonít be affected, so you donít need to reset any programmes for this channel.

Does that mean ITV2, ITV3 ITV4 or CITV are NOT affected either?
      Yes, thatís correct. You donít need to do anything for these channels as theyíre not affected.

What happens to the ITV1 and ITV1+1 programmes I have already recorded, will I still be able to watch them?
      Yes. The change doesnít impact any programmes already recorded, so youíll see them on your planner as normal.

I use the Audio Description service available on ITV1 London on channel 993. Will this be affected?
      No, ITV1 London on channel 993 wonít be affected so you donít need to reset any programmes youíve set to record from this channel.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I had this letter last Monday for the change last Thursday, I couldn't find out what it was for though as nothing has changed channel wise.

dj_smurph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: edgware
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Is it thr fact that itv will broadcast from astra 1n that comes onkine this week. A lot of the ftv brcome fta this week

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dj_smurph For This Useful Post:

Alan b (28-02-12)

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

All channels and services on Astra2D have now moved to Astra1N. Astra2D is now out of service for Sky and Freesat.

Full Astra1N line up from 24 February 2012 is here.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenedin For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (28-02-12)