Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Magic Eye no sound

This is a discussion on Magic Eye no sound within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi. Can anybody help; I subscribe to multiroom and have a magic eye TV link set up through my Sky ...

stevieveg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMLON
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Magic Eye no sound

Hi. Can anybody help; I subscribe to multiroom and have a magic eye TV link set up through my Sky standard box from my bedroom to my Daughters bedroom. It has been working fine but I have now installed a sky+ box. It works fine in my room but in my daughters room there is no sound, and some times it doesn’t even pick the sky+ box picture up, but soon has I set up the old standard box everything is o.k. Please note I only have one feed to the back of the Sky+ box so I cant record and watch a different program at the same time. Is this why I have no sound through the magic eye, I was just wondering if I had 2 feeds would this sort the sound/picture issue or is that 2nd feed purely for record and watch a different program at the same time.
      Thanks,
      Steve

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Magic Eye no sound

You'll probably have to change the RF Channel Number on the Sky+ box's Installer Setup to what it is on the standard Sky box. Your daughter's tv is obviously tuned OK to the RF Channel Number on the old box.

Check, and note, the number on the older box. On the Sky remote, press Services 4 0 1 and then press Select. Note there is no onscreen response as you press the '0' & '1', just press the full sequence. On the resulting Installer Setup, scroll to, and select 'RF Out'. On the Sky+ box, change the RF Channel Number, and also make sure RF Outlet Power Supply is switched ON. Press green to Save Settings.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks for that Kenedin, RF outlets are on and the channel number is the same ch68. Any other ideas.
      Regards,
      Steve

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

How is this 2nd STB connected to your Daughter's TV?

The signal Satellite feed will be acceptable. You should ensure that the STB has been configured for a single feed.

Getting back to the possible connections, if you are using a Scart lead, please ensure that both ends of the leads are firmly connected and are flat. If one end is at a slight angle, then this will be the reason for a picture & no sound.

If using the UHF channel, then check which channel is being used by your STB and ensure that hers is set to use a channel at least 5 numbers different and not close to any other broadcast channel numbers from Freeview channels in your area.

I would also suggest that you remove the magic eye as her controller will interfere with your Sky+ or Sky+ HD STB. Otherwise place the magic eye away from her Sky+ STB so that she must point at an obscure angle to change the channels via the Magic-Eye.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks Scubbie. Both boxes are set up exacty the same both show channels 68 and when using my Daughters tv it picks that CH 68. Both tvs upstairs are not linked to an aerial so freeveiw has never been a problem because we cant receive them channels, like i have said i do a straight swap over the standard box is fine but the sky+ box sometimes wont tune the channel in on my Daughters tv and when it does theres just no sound. Also changing channels or using the remote is fine on both boxes
      Last edited by stevieveg; 20-12-11 at 04:34 AM.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Just to be safe, you should still ensure that the channels do not conflict with the local Freeview frequencies. It is possible that their weak signals (because you do not have an aerial) could still interfere with the STB signal.

I would suggest that in the mean time you change the UHF channel on your daughters STB to 63.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Are you using the RF2 output on the Sky+ box? If I remember correctly the standard box does not have an RF2, this might be the problem. Have you tried removing the Magic eye and plugging the cable in directly to see if there is sound?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, Tried numerous RF channels to no avail, but the Problem has now been found, the RF outlet is faulty on the Sky+ box, took my HD+ box upstairs and set that up exactly the same and got picture and sound no problems.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Are you using the RF2 output on the Sky+ box? If I remember correctly the standard box does not have an RF2, this might be the problem. Have you tried removing the Magic eye and plugging the cable in directly to see if there is sound?
      Thanks Isitme but i can assure you that the standard box as the RF output because ive beed using that box for 2 year now with the magic eye link without any issues. I have found the problem now anyway. The RF output is faulty on the Sky+ box.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The older box has an RF outlet, but I don't think it has an RF2 which the newer boxes have and is what you should be using. Sorry if I am misunderstanding and you are actually using the RF2.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast