Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ?

This is a discussion on *ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Please excuse my French here but , how and why does Sky have the bare faced removed cheek to be ...

SteLomas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 447715474554
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

*ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ?

Please excuse my French here but , how and why does Sky have the bare faced removed cheek to be able to delete recordings from my box without my say so .

I recorded SENNA from Box Office last month and before i had time to watch it , it got deleted , by sky , from my box. So i PAID FOR IT A SECOND TIME and before i could watch it again IT WAS REMOVED DELETED BY SKY AGAIN.

If they have charged me for the film SENNA, TWICE, without me having chance to watch it, i swear to god i will phone them up and some poor guy on the other end of the phone will be on the wrong end of a right royal torrent of abuse.

Some waste of space from Sky please please answer as to how they even have the capabilities to delete my removed without my knowledge , it is up to ME and ME only to decide when i watch the stuff i record.

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS , NO , MY BOX WASN'T FULL . ONLY 80% FULL AT THE VERY MOST.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 20-11-11 at 11:40 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: *ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ?

Sky Box Office movies are kept on your hard drive for a maximum of 7 days ( unviewed ), or 24 hours ( viewed ), after which they are automatically deleted. Sky takes the view that these movies are yours to rent, not to keep. Sorry, but you'll have to argue the toss with them on that one.

See How To Watch Sky Box Office.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Richie Rich is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky World HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteLomas View Post

Some waste of space from Sky please please answer as to how they even have the capabilities to delete my sh*t without my knowledge , it is up to ME and ME only to decide when i watch the stuff i record.
      I work for sky, and don't see myself as a waste of space. There's no need for your comments really.

If you don't watch the purchased programme then you don't get charged for it, its as simple as that. It also states on the recording 'this programme will be deleted after 7 days'. You only get charged if you actually watch it but judging from the language you use in your post, you would probably never give the advisor a chance to tell you that if you had called up Sky.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Rules of Box Office:

1. 1- It is a rental, not a purchase
      2. 2- You will only be charged if you view it (even if it is only viewed for 1 minute)
      3. 3- If recorded, you have 7 days to watch it
      4. 4- Once you have started to view it, you have 24 hours to view the end
      5. 5- If you reach the 7 days/24 hour cut off, the item will be automatically deleted, regardless of whether you are finished with it or not.
      6. 6- When you record it, it tells you in the planner the date it will be deleted
      7. 7- Full guidelines can be found online, via interactive, or by phoning up

Raging about it here, on your first post no less, makes you seem like a child. If you were nice about it, you'd come across much better in the eyes of the community.

Now, what do we say?

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Firstly and most importantly, please amend your post to be respectful and considerate. If you don't I will. That tone is unacceptable on these forums.

Secondly this is not an official sky forum.

Thirdly what really is the issue, if you haven't watched any of the recording then you won't have been charged.

Fourthly do your homework. This has always been the case with box office.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Thanks to indefatigable for confirming what I had believed - that Sky don't charge for a Box Office movie recorded to your hard drive until you view it. So if the OP didn't watch the first one, he could not have been charged twice.

User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SteLomas View Post
      i swear to god i will phone them up and some poor guy on the other end of the phone will be on the wrong end of a right royal torrent of abuse.
      Scary stuff, eh.

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      Scary stuff, eh.
      He's obviously oblivious to the fact that some actions are technically classed as assault, and Sky monitor all calls

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Whilst I dont agree with the tone of the OP's post, I do have to say though that Sky are not good at charging correctly for Box Office films.

I've been mis-charged every time I've watched anything on Box Office (3 times I think now - I was billed twice each time, I was even billed for a 'complimentary' box office film Sky offered me as a way of saying sorry for their previous box office over-charges), hence the reason why I no longer use Box Office.

Fonefixer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01622
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks
      After being a junior member of this forum for some time, it is unfortunately becoming more and more evident that this forum, its admins and moderators are either:

1) Scared of Sky as a company.
      2) Owned as a whole in full or part by Sky themselves.
      3) Going to have to accept that they are not impartial in any way.

Further to this, I will publicly challenge any of the moderators / admins of this forum to prove beyond all doubt that you are not affiliated in some way with Sky. I doubt it will happen! It is highly likely that all info posted here is passed directly to Sky - I have seen no evidence to the contrary.
      I am fully aware that this post will be modified for your gain or my account will be deleted, so be it, it just goes to prove I am correct.

I have been a moderator / admin on various manufacturer forums in excess of twenty years, and in that time I have never seen such biased views from staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast