Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

*ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ?

This is a discussion on *ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; What a paranoid post ^ The OP was clearly having a rant, I havn't seen anything from staff or moderators ...

Chug a Bug is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Yes
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: none
      Thanks

Re: *ANGRY* Why does SKY delete recordings from my box i haven't watched yet ?

What a paranoid post ^

The OP was clearly having a rant, I havn't seen anything from staff or moderators in this thread that I find objectionable. The information posted has been fair and reasonable, can't see what you're complaining about honestly -

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Fonefixer, some bold statements there and you ask for proof that we aren't affiliated to sky yet you don't have the courage to back up your statement with proof.

As with any forum rules, members should be respectful to other members and not display personal insults.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fonefixer View Post
      After being a junior member of this forum for some time, it is unfortunately becoming more and more evident that this forum, its admins and moderators are either:

1) Scared of Sky as a company.
      2) Owned as a whole in full or part by Sky themselves.
      3) Going to have to accept that they are not impartial in any way.

Further to this, I will publicly challenge any of the moderators / admins of this forum to prove beyond all doubt that you are not affiliated in some way with Sky. I doubt it will happen! It is highly likely that all info posted here is passed directly to Sky - I have seen no evidence to the contrary.
      I am fully aware that this post will be modified for your gain or my account will be deleted, so be it, it just goes to prove I am correct.

I have been a moderator / admin on various manufacturer forums in excess of twenty years, and in that time I have never seen such biased views from staff.
      Strong words.

I may not be a mod or an admin, but the people on this forum are only asking for some civility on here. Is it too much to ask for people to be nice, instead of flaming something?

If you are referring to how this thread was managed, take a look at the OP. It was hateful, and the poster obviously did not understand how things worked. If he had been nice about it, then everyone would have responded nicely to him. The mods are simply trying to point out that even though he may be angry, it is no reason to start acting the way he did.

This forum is free to use by anyone, so there is likely to be members on here who are high up in Skys hierarchy. It is also likely that those who check it may pass on some information to the relevant people, if there are enough people complaining about something. Whether they are mods or admins as well remains to be seen. I doubt it though.

If you would like to provide your evidence to support your theory then I'm sure that the community would enjoy looking into it. However to make brash, unfounded statements doesn't really give you credibility.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

It is highly likely that all info posted here is passed directly to Sky - I have seen no evidence to the contrary.
      And you base that on what? Lack of evidence that something isn't true is therefore evidence that it is true (in your mind)?
      Last edited by Saturday; 20-11-11 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Trimmed - Newsreader put it better

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday View Post

And you base that on what? Lack of evidence that something isn't true is therefore evidence that it is true (in your mind)?
      He has a warped sense of Goatism, thats all.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

After being a junior member of this forum for some time, it is unfortunately becoming more and more evident that this forum, its admins and moderators are either:

You are so wrong.

Are we?

Sky allow us to say and do as we want, they in no way have any control or input to this forum.

LOL - How many times have we heard this before.

Do you really think Sky would allow us to publish what we have done in the past if we were, partly, or wholly owned by them. I smell an unhappy customer, and I haven't even read this thread, just responding to the fact it has been reported.

I have to accept nothing. This forum is run by the admin and moderators, along with the members. The only thing we all have in common, we are Sky customers, hence Sky User as the name.

Further to this, I will publicly challenge any of the moderators / admins of this forum to prove beyond all doubt that you are not affiliated in some way with Sky.
      You can challenge all you want, neither me, Glenn or any of our moderators owe you nothing, furthermore we have to prove nothing.

If you do not believe us, then to be honest that is your problem. Not ours.

I doubt it will happen! It is highly likely that all info posted here is passed directly to Sky - I have seen no evidence to the contrary.
      LOL do you really think we go and tell Sky everything?

Sky as far as I know are more than capable of using a computer and a browser, and seems as they are one of the largest ISPs out there, I am fairly confident, that they could infact, read this site and the threads posted, easily enough themselves.

In the interests of being transparent, I do forward the URL of any posts that the customer is hopelessly getting no where, however, Sky do not respond to us, nor do they tell us when an issue is resolved.

The clue is in the title,

The unofficial support forum for everything Sky!
      You obviously do not know Sky, they protect their brand like no other company. No way are they part owners, full owners, or any type of owners, and in no way do they interfere with the running of this site. For that reason alone, I respect them.

I would respect them even more if they sent us a Christmas card though.

I am fully aware that this post will be modified for your gain or my account will be deleted, so be it, it just goes to prove I am correct.
      Why would we do that?

The only reason any of that would happen is if you become abusive, or rude, as we have a zero tolerance on such behaviour.

I have been a moderator / admin on various manufacturer forums in excess of twenty years, and in that time I have never seen such biased views from staff.
      Firstly, we do not have staff, no one gets paid for modding on here.

Everyone, just like you is allowed an opinion, just because you do not like other's, does not give you the right to write posts like this.

If you have any issues with the moderators on here, or even the admins, then PM myself. Keep it off the open forums.

And I would appreciate it, if you didn't carry on posting such drivel. I have better things to do then try to justify to someone on the internet, on a Sunday afternoon, the reason why, this forum is here.

If you would like your account deleting, then feel free to let me know, no one is forcing you to visit this website.

WE ARE NOT OWNED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM BY SKY.

SKY HAVE NO SAY IN THE RUNNING OF THIS FORUM - IN FACT I CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I SPOKE TO THEM

ENOUGH OR THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AS IT IS GOING NO WHERE!

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 20-11-11 at 04:55 PM.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

SteLomas is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 447715474554
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

well fellas , thanks for your fedback , i was very highly strung last night as i'd had a considerable amount of beer. No excuse , but hey, they're just words written down after all.

I've been a Sky subscriber for nearly 8 years and never once have i been told or had anyone inform me that Box Office is a 'rental' only service . If i pay 4 nearly for a film , i should have the right to basically keep it for as long as i see fit , THEN AND ONLY THEN , when i have watched it , can Sky be allowed to interfere with my **** and delete it. The current method is still a disgrace.

As for Sky recording my calls - BOTHERED . the total incompetancy of Sky's 'help' advisors has been a running joke amongst almost everyone i know. I'd say i've called Sky for assistance with technical faults well over 20 times , and once and only once has the person on the phone solved my problem immediately. It's more than just coincidence that 98% of my calls have not been handled correctly. Sorry to the guy above who says he works for Sky , but if he'd had the 'luck' of advisors i've had in the past. Maybe his fuse would be considerably shortened as well.

p.s Just be thankful you don't work for Orange , because they truly are the most abhorant , useless pieces of thieving deceitful scumbags around. And they HAVE had numerous piece of my mind.

Indefatigable , u think my reaction was childlike , maybe so , but if Sky showed the competancy of adults , maybe i'd speak to their workers as such.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Fonefixer currently has an issue with Sky, hence his Off-Topic appearance on this thread.

For info: Sky TV Technical Dept! Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thread closed as its clearly just being used to abuse staff and companies.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Further to this, I will publicly challenge any of the moderators / admins of this forum to prove beyond all doubt that you are not affiliated in some way with Sky. I doubt it will happen! It is highly likely that all info posted here is passed directly to Sky - I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

You may be interested in reading the rules of this forum

http://www.mobilephoneforum.org.uk/v...ic.php?f=9&t=6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to reddwarfcrew For This Useful Post:

MartinP (27-11-11)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12