Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Insurance calls from 08005799841

This is a discussion on Insurance calls from 08005799841 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I keep getting these calls from a company calling on behalf of sky calling themselves domestic and general. Pain in ...

TAF
      TAF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Insurance calls from 08005799841

I keep getting these calls from a company calling on behalf of sky calling themselves domestic and general. Pain in the fllippin behind these lot are, they keep ringing most times they hang up when i answer other times i tell them im not interested they still call back something like 7-10 times a week?!
      I think sky have sold/passed on my details as they know my name and number and the fact that i have sky subscription going threw complaints proceedure with them... anyone know how to get these numptys to stop calling??

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Insurance calls from 08005799841

I keep getting these calls from a company calling on behalf of sky calling themselves domestic and general.
      Domestic and General run Sky Protect and are the only company approved by Sky to offer insurance for your equipment, so Sky have given them your details. - Sky Protect - beware of unofficial competitors offering Sky insurance or warranties

To stop sales call like this register with TPS, this will stop direct sales calls. Unfortunately it will not stop the type that start, "Good morning we are doing a market survey in your area ..." which nearly always end up with them trying to sell you something.

TPS

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

TAF
      TAF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

ive registered with tps already, still getting these calls... have made a complaint against domestic and general with tps and made a seperate complaint with sky but domestic and general seem to be deaf when i ask them not to call me?!

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

I have Caller ID on my Sky line, and a suitable phone that shows incoming call numbers. I just ignore anything that comes up as 'International', 'Number Witheld' or '08xx'. They are all left unanswered. These people quickly get the idea their calls are fruitless.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TAF View Post
      ive registered with tps already, still getting these calls... have made a complaint against domestic and general with tps and made a seperate complaint with sky but domestic and general seem to be deaf when i ask them not to call me?!
      TPS only works with 'cold calls'. In this case D&G have been given your details by Sky (who can legally call you as that's part of the Sky T&C's). Sky also state that their Partners can call you, which they are doing. So TPS isn't a valid route to stopping these calls.

The only way to stop the calls is to contact D&G and ask them nicely to stop calling you. You've done that and they won't, so you are stuck.

Find out details of D&G's (head office business address) and use Google to find the name of the Chief Executive (or write to the Office of the Chairman) and ask them politely to stop. It might work. Don't write to the Call Centre address.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Go into your MySky account and click 'Marketing Preferences' in the MySky menu bar, tick both boxes and click Save. This removes the permission for Sky or their partners to contact you.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

frmsussex (17-11-11)

dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Go into your MySky account and click 'Marketing Preferences' in the MySky menu bar, tick both boxes and click Save. This removes the permission for Sky or their partners to contact you.
      That should stop future calls but as you are on D&G's current call list it probably won't stop calls in the immediate future. But it's the way to go!

webheadjunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenedin View Post
      I have Caller ID on my Sky line, and a suitable phone that shows incoming call numbers. I just ignore anything that comes up as 'International', 'Number Witheld' or '08xx'. They are all left unanswered. These people quickly get the idea their calls are fruitless.
      Another option I used in the past was an "Anonymous caller reject" facility which cost and extra 4 per month but we rarely got any marketing calls after that. Don't know if your phone provider does this.

===============

Ignore above comment...just realised your issue is not with an anonymous caller

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Thanks

I bought a True Call box (as seen on Dragons Den). No more sales calls.... sheer bliss !