Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Do you lose recorded programmes if upgrade to HD ??

This is a discussion on Do you lose recorded programmes if upgrade to HD ?? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Sorry about the long title !!!! I currently have Sky+ basic package and am looking to upgrade to HD ...

apl76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Do you lose recorded programmes if upgrade to HD ??

Hi

Sorry about the long title !!!!

I currently have Sky+ basic package and am looking to upgrade to HD on self install.

I want to put my existing box in another room which I believe can be done, however do I lose the recorded programmes on my Sky+ box ?????

The second box would only be used for free to air channels so my existing card would be for my new HD box

Hope this make sense and thanks for your help

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Do you lose recorded programmes if upgrade to HD ??

Unless you take out a multi room subscription, you will not be able to record or play any recordings.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

apl76 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply

Am not concerned about not being able to record, just don't want to lose my recordings.

Regards

Thanks

As I said, you will not be able record or play. They will be lost.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

There is a way to transfer your recordings to your new box, but this is not as straight forward as it once was.

Using an analogue capture card on a PC you could transfer the recordings there, but this would be real time recording. The same as if you used a DVD/HDD recorder.

Most programs are repeated at some time, so you may not actually loose much.

TomD

Useful Utilites

bryan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD DRX890W
      Thanks

I was wondering the same thing as I have lots of stuff I've recorded but haven't got round to watching yet and would probably upgrade to HD if there was a solution to this problem.

This could be a bit of a long shot but it is possible to use your Sky digicard in two different digiboxes with the basic packages (as opposed to premium channels) so possibly Sky can pair your Skycard with both digiboxes so that you can access your old recordings on the old digibox.

It would be worth asking Sky if this is possible. I'd like like to know if it is possible as I have two Sky+ digiboxes and want to be able to use both although not at the same time.

Thanks

I'd like like to know if it is possible as I have two Sky+ digiboxes and want to be able to use both although not at the same time.
      I doubt if Sky would do that, afaik, cards can only be paired to one box at a time, but you could ask. If you downgraded your card to basic channels you would not be able to watch program recordings of channels you did not have a current subscription to.

TomD

Useful Utilites