Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Numpty Newbie technophobe needs guru advice please

This is a discussion on Numpty Newbie technophobe needs guru advice please within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; hi there I need some advice I have a a sky plus box Thomson 132-168 version # 4E2108 op system ...

Grumpyoldfart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Numpty Newbie technophobe needs guru advice please

hi there I need some advice
      I have a a sky plus box Thomson 132-168 version # 4E2108 op system 1.31B11 epg 5.08.6
      I keep losing my satellite signal and discovered that the copper wire core of one of the dish input cables was fried and burnt into the female end in the box .Moreover the outer part of theatre cable was scorched black ie there was no longer any copper braiding surrounding the clear platic sheath .
      I managed to cut the said cable back but every time i do so the outer sheath was still scorched black .So I paired off the plastic sheath and managed to inset the copper inner core into what remains on the female end of the box input and I now get a signal when I go to signal test although every few days it seems to melt the core again and I'm back to square one .When i switch the aerial feeds around ie putting the dodgy feed into the other box input i seem to get a signal
      The qstn is do I need a new aerial feed and a new box or just a new box .The other factor here is that I want to upgrade to hd but that will lock me into a twelve month contract and I'm on a fifty percent discount deal until November ie if I get a new hd box now I won't be in a position to negotiate the same deal when I give notice to leave in October
      If for example I buy a new plus box or hd box off eBay how can impair up my card so I can watch sky sports in the interim until October (our broadband is to slow to stream on skygo)
      Does anyone have the contact number at sky for me to match my card with a new box so I can test to see if it's the aerial feed or the box which is dodgy or both .I think my head is starting to hurt .
      Cheers

2. Advertisement
      dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Numpty Newbie technophobe needs guru advice please

Customer Services - 08442 414141
      They should be able to pair your card with a new box.