Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Switching from HD+ back to 'normal' Sky

This is a discussion on Switching from HD+ back to 'normal' Sky within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I need some help. I am having problems with my Sky+ HD reception and so, whilst Sky send out ...

D4wk1ns is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Switching from HD+ back to 'normal' Sky

Hi,

I need some help. I am having problems with my Sky+ HD reception and so, whilst Sky send out an array of engineers to tell me what I already know, I have purchased a Pace 2500S3 in order that I can continue to watch Sky.

I have spoken to Sky and they have paired my viewing card up with the new box, however, the channel list is still in HD order. So, for example, ,channel 401 gives me Sky Sports HD, which I can't watch. More annoyingly I have discovered the standard Sky Sports channels are spread-out in a rather scatter-gun approach from 408 upwards.

I have spoken to Sky and they have no ideas.

I want my old channel ordering back, please help!

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Switching from HD+ back to 'normal' Sky

Cancel the HD subscription on your account if you haven't done so already. If you've already cancelled the HD subscription then ring Sky and ask them to revert your channels numbering.

You just need to get through to somebody who knows what you are talking about.

D4wk1ns is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the response Exdee. I have indeed now cancelled HD, however I am still having problems.

I have spent most of this week on the phone to Sky (I now get prioritised when I call!!) and they are at a loss to explain why it won't reset. They have my new box details, have done a download to the box, have gone through a channel scan and they have "sent the signal" several times to no avail. The last guy I spoke to said that if his fiddling didn't work (which it didn't) the call would have to be escalated.

Surely it can't be this difficult? I'm convinced there is a really simple answer that they are all just missing...or perhaps that's just hopeful thinking!

Aves is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LVCHI
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

This is probably more to do with how they have added your new box to the account so they can pair it up. The usual practice in this instance is to indirectly add the box you got yourself to the account so the system doesn't try and charge you for it, and then pair the viewing card to that box.

Problem with doing it this way is that the system can sometimes think the extra box is a multi-room that doesn't have it's own subscription. This hasn't been an issue in the past, but the HD subscription was changed to free for multi-room boxes on 1 September and there have been a few system niggles as a result. Because HD was on your account when they added your new box, and your viewing card was originally an HD one, chances are the system has thought this was now a multi-room card and tagged HD to it automatically.

Unfortunately because the multi-HDs are not handled as a separate subscription, there usually isn't any HD 'subscription' attached to the card for them to take off. Only way for them to do it is to escalate to technical and let them sort it out. Up to 72 hours for them to deal with it, but typically sooner. The idea of the subs being free for the multi-room is that if they add it to the primary it gets added to the secondary cards automatically, and vice versa. But in the field it's actually working out that it's coming on/off the primary right away, but not the secondary until several days later. Might just be the case here, but made a little worse with how the box was added and paired.