Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing problems signal quality/signal HELP!!

This is a discussion on Viewing problems signal quality/signal HELP!! within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi guys, I had Sky+ for 2 years a brand new install and no problems. Last 2 months i noticed ...

mstar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Viewing problems signal quality/signal HELP!!

Hi guys,

I had Sky+ for 2 years a brand new install and no problems. Last 2 months i noticed error 25 occurs saying "no signal received unplug for 5 mins etc etc " not every 5 mins but regularly enough to occur a few times a day.

I telephoned sky and did a LMB reset and all the things they wanted me to do. They instantly advised a engineer needs to sent out and will charge me 65 which i feel angry about.

My question is what could of gone wrong? i have not moved the sky box/wires etc and the dish is brand new compared to my neighbours etc.

I had a good look around and i noticed a tree which isn't that bushy/leafy in the next garden which may be blocking some signal????? but i don't understand how this can be problem now it has grown but its same for most people??? who have to put up with nature/houses/building etc. I be surprised if this is the cause.

I am stuck for ideas ppl any help much appreciated.

thanks

2. Advertisement
      MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

Re: Viewing problems signal quality/signal HELP!!