Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

WANTED: Sky friends and family code PLEASE

This is a discussion on WANTED: Sky friends and family code PLEASE within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; As the title says im after a code for the new offer sky have on.. if some one can pm ...

TAF
      TAF is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

WANTED: Sky friends and family code PLEASE

As the title says im after a code for the new offer sky have on.. if some one can pm me... some people are trying to sell this on ebay for 50+ :-\

2. Advertisement
      pushkarach is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: WANTED: Sky friends and family code PLEASE

Friends - Anyone with a SKY Friend and family code please pm me. i am looking for one.

ego
      ego is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Please give me a code soon. I want to join sky and would really appreciate a Friends and Family code. I know some codes are expiring 26th Sep

ego
      ego is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Please give me a code soon. I want to join sky and would really appreciate a Friends and Family code. I know some codes are expiring 26th Sep..please msg me

thanks a lot guys

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

Yes there are codes out there and I have a few but one post wonders like yourself that will do the usual thing and run off and take no interest in the forum once you have a code.

So the answer is no, go to Ebay and buy one.
      reddwarfcrew likes this.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

TAF
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
      Yes there are codes out there and I have a few but one post wonders like yourself that will do the usual thing and run off and take no interest in the forum once you have a code.

So the answer is no, go to Ebay and buy one.
      Bit harsh isnt it??? could of stayed quiet or ignored the post if it bothered you that much, but it seems your a bit of an keyboard warrior or something.
      Thank god not everyone shares your "opinions"

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      TAF you posted 4 messages in 2 days begging for a code. It does annoy a lot of people when you get new joiners who's first few posts are as such. There's no problem with asking for a code but ask once and then monitor the forum to see if any come up.

At the moment the forum is getting more and more inundated with new joiners asking for either a sky code or free smtp from skyuser and then they disappear. It's good to see that you have made others posts though .

It just gets people's backs up a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TAF
      Exchange:
      Thanks

Ive not had sky before - hence no need for me to join a sky users forum.. i was lucky enough to find a member generous enough to give me a code, had it fitted and im still here now being a SKY USER. I dont see the problem?
      The insider and others who share his "opinion" quiet obviously have issues with tarnishing people with the same brush. He obviously think he's a bigger man telling people to go buy a code off ebay lol would love to see him say it face to face

Oh and "begging" for a code? lol if having manners and saying please and thank you is begging in your book then thats your opinion. You shouldnt have read the post it clearly states what i was after in the title so you should have jogged on!!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Taf, please don't take things personal. You are not the first, and I suspect you will not be the last either.

I appreciate that you are caught between conflicting arguments here. If you had Sky already, then the discount code would be of no use to you, sure. The fact that you do not have Sky is perhaps a hindrance, but not a reason to prevent you from contributing.

Those members that regularly contribute come from a range of backgrounds already. We have plenty who happen to have different versions of their equipment, we also have people who know things about cables, hard drives, ADSL connections, or perhaps they just like to join in on the SkyUser Radio or join the SkyUser Gamers team.

Personally speaking I know that perhaps I post too much. If you were to look at my early posts I have most certainly learnt a lot since. I have also used a lot of personal experience to shore up what I have posted.

I am sure that if anyone who was thinking of joining Sky had some particular skills that could be of use to this forum, then they would be most welcome.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      TAF, 4 posts in two days was a bit OTT and that is why I used the term begging. Apologies if it has caused you offence. This issue of asking for codes is regularly discussed by us moderators and the owners.

As a moderator my role is not to jog on so I will always be here and getting involved in threads that I feel I need to.

The forum rules also state that you must not create duplicate threads and posts on the same topic. As I say, ask once so those with codes know who are after them and then just monitor the threads instead of reposting a further 3 times.

I hope that now explains the situation and also helps for new members wanting codes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast