Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Sky TV subscription frozen until August 2012

This is a discussion on Sky TV subscription frozen until August 2012 within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Same here, I have Variety, Knowledge, Kids and News + Movies, no mention in my letter of changing packs at ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky TV subscription frozen until August 2012

Same here, I have Variety, Knowledge, Kids and News + Movies, no mention in my letter of changing packs at all, just a reminder about the email mag. I was going to drop the News and Kids as I seldom watch any news programs except BBC 24, which is free anyway, and my granddaughter is now a teenager and past the Kids stage. I am not sure what to do now as it looks like I will have to take Entertainment +, to get the 2 packs I want.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      DonnySky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Balby
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Just had the official email from Sky regarding these changes:-

We’re making your Sky better, starting with a price freeze
      We understand value for money is more important than ever, with bills and everyday living costs going up. So you’ll be pleased to know that your price isn’t changing – and you can enjoy peace of mind knowing the price of your current Sky subscription will stay the same for the next 12 months*.

We’re also making our entertainment packages a lot more straightforward by grouping them into just two packs – Entertainment and Entertainment Extra.

So from 1st September, because we'll have just two entertainment packs and to make sure you still get everything you do now, we'll be moving you up to our new Entertainment Pack. This means that not only will you still be able to enjoy all your current favourites, you'll now be able to watch over 40 great channels including Comedy Central, Sky Living, Sky 1, MTV, and Sky Atlantic

I'm being put on the Entertainment pack. If I follow the link to the SKY webpage for more details, SkySportsNews only appears in the entertainment extra pack! SkyNews only appears in the entertainment extra pack also!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Hello DonnySky,

You are correct in stating that Sky News & Sky Sports News only appear to be available if you get the Entertainment Extra Pack.

Since Sky News is currently available on Freeview, this is kind of silly IMHO, but the decision might have been made before the issues surrounding NotW.

Which entertainment packs do you currently receive?

If any of them have other channels that are not available on the Entertainment Pack, it might be worth complaining.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Hello DonnySky,

You are correct in stating that Sky News & Sky Sports News only appear to be available if you get the Entertainment Extra Pack.

Since Sky News is currently available on Freeview, this is kind of silly IMHO, but the decision might have been made before the issues surrounding NotW.

Which entertainment packs do you currently receive?

If any of them have other channels that are not available on the Entertainment Pack, it might be worth complaining.
      Scubbie,
      At present I just have the Variety pack. But with that I do get SkyNews and SkySportsNews. I think I'll send Sky Customer Services an email.

Thanks

Just found this on their website about SkySportsNews,,,still no clearer

From 1 st August 2011 the channel will become part of the News and Events pack as originally intended. Many Sky customers already subscribe to this pack and will be unaffected by the change. If you do not subscribe to this pack, you will lose access to the channel from this date. This could, however, only be for a month.

As you will have seen from the letter we recently sent you, we are simplifying our basic channel packs from 1 st September 2011. This means Sky Sports News will sit with our new Entertainment Extra pack, which replaces the News and Events pack. The vast majority of our customers will automatically migrate to this pack (at no extra cost), meaning that they will receive all basic subscription channels on Sky, including Sky Sports News. For more information on the new packs, see our Enjoy More page.

Any customer currently taking the News and Events pack will automatically be migrated to Entertainment Extra from 1 st September. Those customers who currently take all six basic channel packs (News and Events, Kids, Music, or Knowledge Variety and Lifestyle and Culture) will also continue to receive Sky Sports News, as will any customer who subscribes to Sky Sports 1 or Sky Sports 2. And any of these customers with an HD subscription will also enjoy on-going access to Sky Sports News HD.

However, until then, unless you subscribe to News and Events, you may lose access to the channel between the 1 st August and the 1 st September. To continue to enjoy the channel during that month, you can upgrade to that channel pack for just £1 per month.

As a reminder, you can find out which of the two new packs you will be moving to by checking your notification letter or email. This will confirm whether or not you’ll have access to the channel in September based on your current subscription.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Interesting, does this mean that they will cease to broadcast Sky News on the Freeview channel then?

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

You will be able to watch Sky Sports News if you take Sky Sports 1 or 2.

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

The way I read it is if you are on the entertainment extra pack then you get sky sports news as part of that ?

Enjoy More

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      The way I read it is if you are on the entertainment extra pack then you get sky sports news as part of that ?

Enjoy More
      That is what it looks like but that starts on the 1st of September so it is quite possible that some people will loose it for a month.

Thanks

Here's my response from Sky. They says I'll keep ALL the channels I currently have access to:-

Thank you for your email about the channels that you will be receiving.
      I’m sorry this issue has caused you concern and hope my reply below clarifies the position for you.
      • On 1st September 2011 we’re reducing our basic TV packs to two: Entertainment and Entertainment extra
      • Entertainment includes the Variety and Style & Culture packs.
      • Entertainment Extra includes all 6 existing packs.
      • All existing customers will be moved onto one of these new packs on 1st September
      • Customers will keep all the channels they currently have and many customers will get more.
      The information below summarises the new package structure:
      • If you have No Mix (ie.only subscribe to premium channels) or Variety Mix or Style & Culture Pack you will move to Entertainment
      • If you have both the Variety pack and Style & Culture pack you are already on Entertainment.
      • If you have any of the Music pack, News & Events pack, Knowledge pack or Childrens pack, you will move to Entertainment Extra.
      • If you have all of the following Variety pack, Style & Culture pack, Music pack, News & Events pack, Knowledge pack and Childrens pack, you are already on Entertainment Extra.
      Having checked your account I have found there will be no change in price for existing customers and you will continue to receive the channels you are subscribing to.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast