Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

rejoin sky again

This is a discussion on rejoin sky again within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I've been trying desperately to rejoin sky, but I'm having no luck, for the last two months I've been ...

gedrob is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

rejoin sky again

Hi,
      I've been trying desperately to rejoin sky, but I'm having no luck, for the last two months I've been filling online form to place the order, then get the usual " we'll
      be in touch " then get phone call couple of days later from India, can't think why,
      I've given my name and address, and what I want, just need installation date.

Posted a letter to CS in Scotland last Saturday to complain, got a phone call
      this morning, yeah that's right, from India, he quoted my name and address, I could just about make it out, the first question was " do you have, or have you ever had
      *******, or at least I think that's what it was.

Why don't they just carry out my order.

Who else can I email to get something done.

gedrob

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: rejoin sky again

How long is it since you left Sky? I think that may be the problem. If it is less than 12 months you will be treated as a returning customer, with no perks and will be expected to use your old equipment. You will simply be renewing your old contract. If it is over 12 months then you will be treated as a new customer with all the perks that brings.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks, it was last December I left Sky, the dish is still on the wall outside
      but I have no box.

gedrob

Thanks

If you only left 6-7 months ago, you will not be able to join as a new user. You would just ask to be reconnected. If you have sold your box, Sky will expect you to buy a new one.

Try applying in your partner's name. Many have done that and got away with joining as a new user.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for that, I'll see how I get on

skidom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: None since 5.11
      Thanks

Hello,

Just pasting my recent thread, hopefully you guys can help us, I'd appreciate it.

We left Sky TV while living still under our old address, that was back in May 2011. We subsequently moved home in November 2011. However, we kept our Sky account with line rental, sky talk freetime and unlimited broadband package. We were now thinking of returning to Sky TV as new customers but not sure if we are entitled to this? We were thinking of going through Top Cashback website and having a free installation in this property where there was no Sky TV dish before etc. . Please advise how to go about it, any ideas would be appreciated!
      Gordon

Thanks

If you have been out of TV for that long there should be no problem re-joining and getting new customer benefits, but you may have difficulty doing it through a cash back site. The fact that you have a Sky account may make it throw a wobbly and refuse to work, forcing you to do it by phone. There is nothing to be lost by trying, so let us know how you get on.

TomD

Useful Utilites

skidom is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Sky TV: None since 5.11
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply. How about any consequences? Will they not try to make us pay any penatlies for doing so? Or do you mean that the deal might simply be rejected automatically?

Thanks

I am not sure what you mean. As long as you are in good standing and don't owe Sky anything there should not be a problem actually joining. Where the problem may come is trying to claim cash back, all these sites require that you complete the purchase on line. If for any reason it will not go through, you have to phone and loose the cash back.

TomD

Useful Utilites

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

skidom (18-10-12)