Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor quality sky picture on sky +

This is a discussion on Poor quality sky picture on sky + within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've had a 32 inch Panasonic tv for 18 months and after initially changing from PAL to RGB I had ...

jd_mcmahon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01908
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Poor quality sky picture on sky +

I've had a 32 inch Panasonic tv for 18 months and after initially changing from PAL to RGB I had a good picture through a sky + box.
      2 days ago I upgraded my tv aerial to freeview for the tv in the bedroom and installed a magic eye. Ever since the picture on my main tv via sky has been awful especially on fast moving sports. Football is poor - fuzzy and out of focus. The company who installed it blame sky but the picture was fine before the guy touched my tv! I have taken out the freeview aerial from the sky box but it makes no difference. Does anyone know how to rectify this without paying for HD?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,233 Times in 2,099 Posts

Re: Poor quality sky picture on sky +

A couple of things come to mind here:

1. Is the Aerial going to the Sky STB first, then going to the TV in your bedroom or is it going directly to your bedroom?

2. Have you double checked any aerial leads between the Sky STB and your bedroom? He may have switched some around

3. You are receiving the Sky STB via the UHF aerial. It might be possible that the UHF frequency is close to either a terrestrial analogue or digital signal. It might be worth changing the broadcast channel on the Sky STB and re-tune your TV to match

I don't know how to change the settings on the sky+ STB, perhaps someone else can help you here?

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.