Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ HD turned itself off mid-program??

This is a discussion on Sky+ HD turned itself off mid-program?? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi All thanks for any advice given last night whilst watching the darts, my sky+ HD box turned itself off ...

bezmon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky+ HD turned itself off mid-program??

Hi All

thanks for any advice given

last night whilst watching the darts, my sky+ HD box turned itself off then back on again....although when the box came back on it came on with a black screen with what i can remember basically was the start screen from when the engineer installed the box... it was a black screen with white writing just saying Sky+ HD and after a few mins it went to channel 999 (or something) and said searching for listings...so from what i can figure out it basically reset itself i have not lost any recordings or reminders...

any after that everything was ok....until this morning i get a call from 'the wife' saying the TV is not working the green light is on the sky box but nothing is happening...any i told her to take power cable from back leave for two mins the reconnect the power cable and try again.....that worked

so basically im asking is this something i need to worry about or keep an eye on?? its a new amstrad box only had i a few weeks as a replacement for a old faulty thompson HD box..

Many Thanks

Carl

2. Advertisement
      Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ HD turned itself off mid-program??

Box reboots are not uncommon, especially after an automatic software update. Don't worry about it, unless it becomes a regular occurrence.