Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Viewing issue on Comedy Central

This is a discussion on Viewing issue on Comedy Central within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I hope you don't mind this being my first post - I wasn't sure where to go regarding this and ...

TJP
      TJP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Viewing issue on Comedy Central

I hope you don't mind this being my first post - I wasn't sure where to go regarding this and whether I was on the only one experiencing this...

I've still got an old (not flat/wide screen) TV and usually have the sky box set to 4:3L.

Sometimes channels mess up the dimensions it seems so everything on screen appears squashed horizontally. This is rather difficult to watch, but usually changing the viewing settings to 16:9 on those programmes fixes this.

However, the last week or so, the new Office and new Two and a Half men on Comedy Central had this issue, but changing the resolution had no effect. Never experienced this before. Don't have the issue with any other shows on that channel.

Unless it's something my end, someone at their end seems to have messed up the dimensions, or perhaps they're now only broadcasting those shows for comfortable viewing on widescreen TVs.

Again, hope you guys don't mind this being my first post, and any pointers you can offer would be much appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Viewing issue on Comedy Central

What channel are you watching it on (112 or 222)?