Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.


    Advertisement

    Results 1 to 3 of 3

    Sky in other room

    This is a discussion on Sky in other room within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Guys Trying to get Sky in another room. Coex aerial cable from RF2 on the back of my Sky ...

    1. #1
      JONPON's Avatar
      JONPON is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Croftfoot
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      15
      Thanks
      15
      Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

      Sky in other room

      Hi Guys
      Trying to get Sky in another room. Coex aerial cable from RF2 on the back of my Sky box to my 2nd TV .Tuned in 2nd TV the picture on 25% of the channels are not too bad but the picture on the other 75% of the channels are dreadful. I have not turned on the RF2 outlet supply. Should this be turned on? The Coex aerial cable from my Sky box to my 2nd TV is not the best in the world its just a cheap one. Should I buy a good quality Coex aerial cable? I am not buying a Sky TV link till I get a decent picture on all of my channels. Any help would be most grateful
      Cheers
      JONPON


    2. Advertisement
    3. #2
      MartinP's Avatar
      MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      A small Greek isand
      Posts
      475
      Thanks
      7
      Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts

      Re: Sky in other room

      The RF2 power is for a "magic eye" only.
      Your description "picture is dreadful" tells us nothing. Is it grainy, covered in horizontal/vertical lines, full of coloured squares?
      Disconnect TV aerial from Sky Digibox. If picture improves, this means you have set RF outlet to the wrong UHF channel number. Set it in the "secret" Installer Setup Menu.
      Use double-screened coaxial cable (e.g. WF100) for best results and freedom from interference. It's essential for a "magic eye".

    4. The Following User Says Thank You to MartinP For This Useful Post:

      JONPON (28-01-11)

    5. #3
      The Realist's Avatar
      The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Location
      Behind You
      Posts
      1,049
      Thanks
      3
      Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts

      Re: Sky in other room

      Recheck connections and make sure there are no shorts for starters and make sure its set on the right RF channel.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.


    6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Realist For This Useful Post:

      JONPON (28-01-11)

     

     

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SkyUser - Copyright © 2006-2020. SatDish and NewsreadeR | SkyUser is in no way affiliated with Sky Broadband / BSkyB
    RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT IS GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF PAGE TRANSMISSION