Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

What are my options??

This is a discussion on What are my options?? within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I live in Ireland and two years ago, I moved in with a friend of mine and we signed up ...

Ohoopee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

What are my options??

I live in Ireland and two years ago, I moved in with a friend of mine and we signed up for Sky Plus. Feb of last year, my friend moved out but I have stayed in the apartment. When we originally signed up for Sky, we signed up for it in my Room mates name. When he moved out, I was planning on leaving and working abroad for a few years so instead of switching the Sky subscription over to my name, we kept it in my room mates name and I just payed him for it every month. The things now as in two weeks from now, my former room mate is moving to Australia. And around June of this year, I plane on leaving the country as well (unless things fall through again). He called Sky for me because Sky wouldn't tell me much because I am not the subscriber. Sky basically told him that that he was no longer under contract so he could cancel his subscription no problem but that in order for me to keep it, I would have to sign a 1 contract of my own. Obviously being that I plan on leaving in June, that isn't a good idea for me. Also, Sky is the only TV i get, if Sky gets cut off, I will not even be able to get local channels so I would really like to keep the Sky until June. I already have a Sky plus box and We never got a dish, I knew the guy who installed it and he lives next door to us so he just hooked us into his own dish.

Obviously, Sky doesn't have any money to lose here as I don't have a dish and I already have a sky box. They could potentailly cost them selves money here as if I can't keep the sky without signing a 1 year contract, I will have no choice but to have my friend cancel it and then.... they get no money from me at all.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
      PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: What are my options??

Freesatfromsky card or pay a subscription are your options. Sky are not going to cry over losing one subscription after announcing their profits so it's unlikely they will be flexible in this.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

Re: What are my options??

Just let him cancel and the box and card will act as "freesatfromsky". That will give you plenty to watch untill June.

FREESAT from Sky - What can I watch?