Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Tv sender

This is a discussion on Tv sender within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; hello i've got sky+ in the living room and i would like to have sky in my bedroom as well ...

jvcvfla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Tv sender

hello
      i've got sky+ in the living room and i would like to have sky in my bedroom as well without having to pay for multiroom.
      i know i can use a tvsender to do the job but i got few questions.
      do i need another box for the bedroom?
      what tvsender should i buy?model?
      if it only sends image, so the TV + SKY need to be on? or only the sky box?
      how do i change the channel? do i have to go all the way downstairs to change the channel or the tvsender can do it?
      looking forward to having a reply soon
      thanks

2. Advertisement
      Garawa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Tv sender

If you mean a "magic-eye" type device as a tv sender then all you need is a length of coax between the upstairs tv and the sky box and a spare sky remote. It connects to a socket on the back of the digibox to the tv aerial socket (it doesn't matter about losing the aerial input as these signals will be transfered along the device as well as long as the aerial is connected downstairs.

When you change channel or switch on with the remote to the sensor by/on the tv, it alters the sky box downstairs. This is no good if someone else is watching downstairs but that is only resolved through multiroom.

If you don't want to run coax through the house then an AV wireless sender would be the best job but both do not require an extra box, just another remote or bringing the only one you have up and downstairs.

Old_nick is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Be Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

If you buy a wireless sender, it's best to pay extra for one that works on 5.8GHz - the older ones that work on 2.4GHz receive a lot of interference from wi-fi devices.

nige1983 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MRDEN
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

why don't you get old of a cheap second hand sky box and pay an idependent (30 ish) to install a feed into the bedroom. YOu can get sky multi room for just 5 if you don't have premium channels on it (movies and sports) you will recieve the entertainment mixes you have plus the free to air channels and radio channels. Don't know if this is something you would consider but that way it doesn't chnage the channels downstairs. if you live on your own etc and it doesn't matter about the channel changing downstairs go for the other options highlighted to you.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garawa View Post
      If you don't want to run coax through the house then an AV wireless sender would be the best job but both do not require an extra box, just another remote or bringing the only one you have up and downstairs.
      thanks for you reply, thats pretty much what i wanted to know.
      it was just unclear to me like accessing the tv guide in the other bedroom without a box.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Old_nick View Post
      If you buy a wireless sender, it's best to pay extra for one that works on 5.8GHz - the older ones that work on 2.4GHz receive a lot of interference from wi-fi devices.
      thanks for the information it is going to be really helpful when i buy wireless tvsender

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nige1983 View Post
      why don't you get old of a cheap second hand sky box and pay an idependent (30 ish) to install a feed into the bedroom. YOu can get sky multi room for just 5 if you don't have premium channels on it (movies and sports) you will recieve the entertainment mixes you have plus the free to air channels and radio channels. Don't know if this is something you would consider but that way it doesn't chnage the channels downstairs. if you live on your own etc and it doesn't matter about the channel changing downstairs go for the other options highlighted to you.
      so if i get a sky box from the second hand shops, all i need to do is pay 30 for the installation plus a monthly fee of 5?(no premium channels)
      thanks

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Paying the 5 p/month will allow you to use the box as a PVR and watch the Free channels. Paying 10.25 p/month will give you all the same channels as on your main box.

If you live on your own (as I do) the magic eye system is just fine. Admittedly you only get mono sound in the bedroom, but everything else is fine. I can watch any of my recordings and record new stuff. I can also (Caution: very sad admission) watch the same program whilst going between my lounge & my bedroom.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.