Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky HD+ multiroom installation - input 2 no signal

This is a discussion on New Sky HD+ multiroom installation - input 2 no signal within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; We had Sky multiroom installed a couple of days before Christmas by an independant engineer as Sky didn't want to ...

merkin51 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

New Sky HD+ multiroom installation - input 2 no signal

We had Sky multiroom installed a couple of days before Christmas by an independant engineer as Sky didn't want to go over our roof. Obviously it was all done officially through Sky, who provide him the new Sky HD box.

Since the install however, it's never worked properly. Most of the listings never update (most of the channels have "no listings available" in the planner) apart from the main channels on the first page, and we can't set anything to record. When I go into setup, it shows that there is no signal and no lock on input 2, which I'm sure is causing the issues. I've checked the cabling and everything seems fine, both box end and LNB end.

The only thing I've tried is the good ol' unplug from mains and leave for 10 mins. That brought the listings back for a day, but they soon disappeared. Input 2 never came on. Is there anything I can try myself before I go back to the engineer? This is a new multiroom installation, the original box in the other room is just a normal Sky+ box. Maybe the engineer didn't phone Sky to tell them to activate Sky+ on this new one??

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: New Sky HD+ multiroom installation - input 2 no signal

Best bet is to ring the installer and then if that gets you nowhere ring Sky and complain.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: New Sky HD+ multiroom installation - input 2 no signal

First off is to check that the HD box is not on Single Feed Mode. I know it's a new box, but check anyway. Stranger things have happened. If it's OFF, switch it on, save the settings, then quit the menu.. Then go back into the menu and switch SFM off again, remembering to save the settings. Then reboot the box at the mains and wait 4 minutes for the listings to load before booting up.

If the problem is still there, switch off again at the mains, and swap the two Dish Inputs. If the fault carries over onto Dish Input 1 ( check the signal strength ), there is probably a cable/F-connector/LNB fault. Look at the F-connectors at both ends of the cable, and make sure there is 3mm of centre core visible, also there is no stray wire from the outer braid loose.

Was a new LNB fitted, or were your multiroom cables just hooked up to the two spare ports on the existing LNB? Are they a single run, or joined somewhere?
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),