Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

New Sky+hd install.

This is a discussion on New Sky+hd install. within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hello. I called Sky yesterday to cancel and was offered a free sky+hd box and standard install,free hd subscription and ...

1vincent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leagrave
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

New Sky+hd install.

Hello.

I called Sky yesterday to cancel and was offered a free sky+hd box and standard install,free hd subscription and half price sports for 6 months so decided to take this offer. They are comming Wednesday morning to install.
      As I have a standard sky box which i had to buy as the one before broke i have a few questions to ask.
      1. When the sky person comes will he/she take back my old digibox that i bought or is it mine.
      2. If i keep the box can i use for sky freesat in another room and do i keep the same card.
      3. Will i get a new veiwing card for the new hd box.
      4. I asked about Anytime+ and the lady stated that the installer will set this up.The phone line is in another room next to the master socket where the router is.The router is set up to wireless as the computer is upstairs.I have a pair of homeplugs,can i use these for Anytime+.
      5. At the moment i have a cable going upstairs to another tv using rf2 out and using a sky-link to control the box when upstairs.I am using a one for all remote upstairs for the tv and sky box.Will i need a different remote and setup when i get the new hd box installed.
      Sorry for the long post.
      Vince.

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

Re: New Sky+hd install.

Quote Originally Posted by 1vincent View Post
      As I have a standard sky box which i had to buy as the one before broke i have a few questions to ask.

1. When the sky person comes will he/she take back my old digibox that i bought or is it mine.
      You keep it, it's yours.

2. If i keep the box can i use for sky freesat in another room and do i keep the same card.
      Usually you would use the existing card for the new SkyHD receiver if you are not taking multiroom, you would have to ring Sky and ask them to send a new viewing card for the new receiver.

3. Will i get a new veiwing card for the new hd box.
      See above.

4. I asked about Anytime+ and the lady stated that the installer will set this up.The phone line is in another room next to the master socket where the router is.The router is set up to wireless as the computer is upstairs.I have a pair of homeplugs,can i use these for Anytime+.
      Homeplugs will work fine for Anytime+

5. At the moment i have a cable going upstairs to another tv using rf2 out and using a sky-link to control the box when upstairs.I am using a one for all remote upstairs for the tv and sky box.Will i need a different remote and setup when i get the new hd box installed.

You shouldn't, remind the installer to enable the RF2 output and ensure upstairs is working before he leaves.

Sorry for the long post.

Not a problem.

D-Alien is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi Vince

1/ If you wish to keep it thats not a problem
      2/ if you connect it to a dish yes - and the card thats in it would go in the new box
      3/ more than likely not
      4/ Maybe - but i have no experience of these so really i am unable to comment (all my kit is hard wired)
      Worst case a run of Cat5 to get it connected.....
      5/ If the remote you are using will drive the new box interesting question (sounds like a suck it and see question)

Dave
      Last edited by D-Alien; 21-11-10 at 10:51 AM. Reason: afterthought

1vincent is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leagrave
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Thank you for the replies.

In regards to the sky remote and sky-link at the moment it is upstairs.
      I have read on here that with sky+hd you will need to use a sky+hd remote control with a sky-link.I only have a "One for all" remote that i use upstairs and i keep the original sky remote downstairs.What i would like to know is that can i still use the normal sky remote or the one for all upstairs on the new box or will i need to buy another sky+hd remote.
      The sky-link is about 5 years old so will that be ok aswell.
      Vince.