Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

when my electricity turned off I lose sky sports and movies etc

This is a discussion on when my electricity turned off I lose sky sports and movies etc within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have just joined and am new to Sky and need some advice please. I have moved into sheltered ...

skittle is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: skyworld
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

when my electricity turned off I lose sky sports and movies etc

Hi,

I have just joined and am new to Sky and need some advice please.
      I have moved into sheltered housing and think I am the only person who has sky sports, movies etc. I believe I have a sky + box and a new HD ready tv. My only problem is that when the electricity supply has to be turned off by workman in the flat the result is that I lose sports and movies and the installer has to come back and set it up again. I am not technically minded at all but the explanation, as I understand it, is that the cable was installed before all the new tv technology and nothing can be done - as the Management would not put in a different cable just for us..understandably, which means that the installer is quite happy to come back and reset this - but I wondered if there is any other suggestion that I could consider.

also although not really a great problem I cannot record Sports/ Movies either on my Panasonic recorder. I can get and record the freeview channels on this even with the electricity interruption. Your comments welcome thx so much

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: when my electricity turned off I lose sky sports and movies etc

Hi skittle. I'm in your area and may be able to help out. Whereabouts are you? I'm 01442 too!!! I know some good engineers (Used to be one until recently!) that may be willing to show you how to reset things yourself!!