Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky + record issue

This is a discussion on Sky + record issue within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Sky-user forum - hope you can help me with a problem. Yesterday I had set Sky+ to record both ...

sunbird is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky + record issue

Hi Sky-user forum - hope you can help me with a problem.

Yesterday I had set Sky+ to record both sessions of the Ryder Cup on Sky Sports 1. Later in the evening I went to Planner and saw that both sessions had recorded and the yellow 'usage bar' confirmed their place on the hard drive.

I skipped through the morning session and went back to Planner for the afternoon session. I noticed something odd in the listing in Planner, where it should have read Sky Sports , - ie. indicating the channel recorded - it read:

1o

the 'o' had an apostrophe (') over it

When I pressed select the message 'checking purchase info..' came up. followed by 'you cannot purchase this... please call 0844 (sky help number)

I called Sky. I was told that Ryder Cup was 'copyright material' and that it was not possible to record it and this was why the error message had come up.

I told the support guy I had already watched the morning session, and end up being fobbed off with a 'remote call back'.

Any ideas what happened?

Is there any truth to the 'copyright material' claim? I had recorded the standard Sky Sports channel, not HD or 3D

Many thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky + record issue

I called Sky. I was told that Ryder Cup was 'copyright material' and that it was not possible to record it and this was why the error message had come up.
      Just about everything Sky broadcasts is copyright, so that is a load of nonsense. There would be a lot of very annoyed golfers if that was the case.

You could try doing a Planner rebuild, that may fix it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.