Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky+ 2nd input intermittent loses signal

This is a discussion on Sky+ 2nd input intermittent loses signal within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by simonmpoulton The sky hd boxes arent 320gb anymore jason, they've been 500gb since around the start of ...

jasonmark38 Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: Sky+ 2nd input intermittent loses signal

Quote Originally Posted by simonmpoulton View Post
      The sky hd boxes arent 320gb anymore jason, they've been 500gb since around the start of this year. I'm surprised noone has pointed this out, but is the original box a thomson? If so it's got faulty capacitors on its PSU which when replaced will fix your problem.
      Actually Simon, Sky do still supply Sky HD boxes with 320GB drives, but they call them Sky+ boxes. They are just Sky HD boxes without the HD sub for which they charge you 79 (49 for the box, 30 for installation). You will still be able to receive the following HD channels though without the HD sub: BBC HD, Channel 4 HD, Five HD, ITV1 HD, Luxe TV HD. This would save 41 compared with a Sky HD box with 12 months of HD subs.

2. Advertisement
      Dazeon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lemington
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ 2nd input intermittent loses signal

I have been having the same problem for around a month now.

We have three boxes, one Sky+HD (newer 500GB version) and two Sky+ on multiroom.

The Sky+HD box remains largely unaffected, apart from slowing to a crawl with the new Anytime+ update.

However, both Sky+ boxes have done what the OP described.

I get a message about no satellite signal being received, and to wait for 5 minutes.
      After waiting forever I switched the inputs and managed to get the TV back, when I checked in settings > signal, it listed input 2 as not locked. I thought I had damaged the cable so I trimmed them up and tried again, no change.

I then took the drastic step of reformatting the box via the installer menu and even that did not work. Then a few days later after several failed recordings, it went back to normal?

As of yesterday the second Sky+ box has done exactly the same, although this time I am going to leave it well alone and see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12