Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD

This is a discussion on Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; HERE is what happens with me, sky and SPECTRUM. I have a contract with Sky dated the 17/06/2010 and currently ...

halinlondon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD

HERE is what happens with me, sky and SPECTRUM.

I have a contract with Sky dated the 17/06/2010 and currently paying £37.00 per month.

I contacted sky on 08442 411 268 to subscribe to your service on 10th of June 2010.

I was put through to the sales department which took all the details and agreed on the prices, dates of installation and equipments. In fact I was diverted to third party company (“SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD” hereinafter referred to as “SPECTRUM”) however I was not made aware of this at the time of the call.

I was visited by engineer who installed the equipments but failed to mention who he is working for and that he did not install my Sky Dish as agreed. He used the neighbour’s private Sky Dish to receive the satellite signal.

As my neighbour become aware of facts regarding the unauthorised use of his Dish, he disconnected the connection that was linking my Sky receiver with neighbours Sky Dish, due to that, I been without Sky TV since 18th of July.

I had contacted Sky customer services on 19th voicing my concerns but I was told I sighed up with SPECTRUM as my equipments service provide and they are unable to take any responsibility for what has happened. I told the Sky customer service representative that I had not been made aware of such arrangement.

I have contacted SPECTRUM on 20th of July regarding my issue but they where unable to resolve the issues unless I pay the sum of £40.00 for a sky dish and £65.00 for engineer call out charges.

this is a letter to sky i sent on the 20th of July 2010.

what happened afterwords.

Nothing, my letter was not acknowledged my sky. I called them on 28th of July to check if they received it and was told someone is dealing with it. Who am not sure.

I have been calling sky to get update the issue but i was told " we are having difficulties contacting SPECTRUM " and was asked to wait. For the last 25 days ??????? they could not contact them??

I contacted Sky on 19th of August to check on the issue, but this time i was told Sky will not deal with this issue as my contact was not with Sky. ????????????????? This is not true as i have a Sky contract and pay by DD to Sky.

Sky believe that SPECTRUM passed my information to sky and there for am not contracted with them. ??????????????? It's the same as someone giving my contact details to recommend me, but sky thinks they contacted me and passed me over???????

In fact I have only one contact and one bill from Sky.

Anyway I am writing a letter to sky reminding them of my letter dating 20th of July,
      Asking why they did not acknowledge letter,
      why they did not resolve my issue,
      why there are refusing to credit me with lost of viewing time until I resolve the situation.
      Why they believe I have a contract with SPECTRUM,
      Tell them a copy of this letter will be sent to trading standards and ofcom.
      Give them 10 working days to resolve the matter or court action.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hal
      Last edited by halinlondon; 20-08-10 at 01:26 PM.

2. Advertisement
      steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

re: Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD

halinlondon
      Hi finding information on spectrum and who to contact here`s Handy Tips and to make sure they are the same company Useful Numbers and Contacts Now Sky these are the locations and Telephone numbers BSkyB Corporate | Our locations Ring Customer Relation on 02077053000. you will get through to the receptionist now is the hard part you have to convince her to put you through to the Customer Relation Dept then tell them the problem and hopefully everything should go OK. Remember they only work for Sky.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halinlondon View Post
      HERE is what happens with me, sky and SPECTRUM.

I have a contract with Sky dated the 17/06/2010 and currently paying £37.00 per month.

I contacted sky on 08442 411 268 to subscribe to your service on 10th of June 2010.

I was put through to the sales department which took all the details and agreed on the prices, dates of installation and equipments. In fact I was diverted to third party company (“SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD” hereinafter referred to as “SPECTRUM”) however I was not made aware of this at the time of the call.

I was visited by engineer who installed the equipments but failed to mention who he is working for and that he did not install my Sky Dish as agreed. He used the neighbour’s private Sky Dish to receive the satellite signal.

As my neighbour become aware of facts regarding the unauthorised use of his Dish, he disconnected the connection that was linking my Sky receiver with neighbours Sky Dish, due to that, I been without Sky TV since 18th of July.

I had contacted Sky customer services on 19th voicing my concerns but I was told I sighed up with SPECTRUM as my equipments service provide and they are unable to take any responsibility for what has happened. I told the Sky customer service representative that I had not been made aware of such arrangement.

I have contacted SPECTRUM on 20th of July regarding my issue but they where unable to resolve the issues unless I pay the sum of £40.00 for a sky dish and £65.00 for engineer call out charges.

this is a letter to sky i sent on the 20th of July 2010.

what happened afterwords.

Nothing, my letter was not acknowledged my sky. I called them on 28th of July to check if they received it and was told someone is dealing with it. Who am not sure.

I have been calling sky to get update the issue but i was told " we are having difficulties contacting SPECTRUM " and was asked to wait. For the last 25 days ??????? they could not contact them??

I contacted Sky on 19th of August to check on the issue, but this time i was told Sky will not deal with this issue as my contact was not with Sky. ????????????????? This is not true as i have a Sky contract and pay by DD to Sky.

Sky believe that SPECTRUM passed my information to sky and there for am not contacted with them. ??????????????? It's the same as someone giving my contact details to recommend me, but sky thinks they contacted me and passed me over???????

In fact I have only one contact and one bill from Sky.

Anyway I am writing a letter to sky reminding them of my letter dating 20th of July,
      Asking why they did not acknowledge letter,
      why they did not resolve my issue,
      why there are refusing to credit me with lost of viewing time until I resolve the situation.
      Why they believe I have a contract with SPECTRUM,
      Tell them a copy of this letter will be sent to trading standards and ofcom.
      Give them 10 working days to resolve the matter or court action.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hal
      Your contract with Sky is for your channels only.

You piad Spectrun directly for the installation and equipment, Sky didn't take this payment from you, so they cannot help you.

Only Spectrum holds your warranty for your equipment.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You piad Spectrun directly for the installation and equipment, Sky didn't take this payment from you, so they cannot help you.
      He does not say he paid Spectrum, so I think Sky are entirely at fault. They passed him to a 3rd party installer*, he did not ask for this to be done. If Spectrum are one of Sky's approved installers they have behaved very badly and should be brought to book by Sky.

* I have to wonder if the sales person was on commission from Spectrum for work passed to them.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

If he phoned Sky and was transfered to them during the call then the contract is with Sky, they chose to use a 3rd Party.

May be time to go and have a chat with Citizens Advice, they have access to solicitors who can advise you on a course of action.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Exchange:
      Thanks

Just to clarify I checked my bank acc to see who I paid from the start and found out I pay DD to Sky and I also paid SPECTRUM £18.00 for Installation.

The only reason I paid them was to install my sky dish and receiver. Now dose not mean I was told they hold my warranty for my equipments. non of the info i received indicated the warranty is with SPECTRUM. Quite the opposite, my sky contract indicates the warranty is with sky.

The reason sky put me to them is because they don't have engineers to install there equipments. They use SPECTRUM and other installation companies to do there installations for them. any one uses these companies must pay a fee.

sky keep telling me the warranty is with SPECTRUM and so what. they did not install my dish.
      What the warranty has anything to do with SPECTRUM not installing my dish.

This is a part of email I received from SPECTRUM:

You have currently paid a total of £18 with an outstanding balance of £39.* Installation fees are non refundable in the event of a customer cancellation.* All costs must be paid before your installation and we are only able to guarantee your Prices and Packages for 14 days after your initial order.

as you see all they say in there email is the will install for a fee.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The reason sky put me to them is because they don't have engineers to install there equipments. They use SPECTRUM and other installation companies to do there installations for them. any one uses these companies must pay a fee.
      That is the first time I have heard of that! Usually even if a 3rd party installer is used they are employed by Sky, not the user. This may be some new system Sky are using to reduce costs and enable them to pass the buck for poor installations. If it is, there are going to be a lot of problems.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

If that is the case I'd rather use a 3rd party installer of my choosing rather one that Sky picks for me.

If that is the case Sky are going to have some big headaches in a while.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

steve16751 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: newas
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

halinlondon
      Hi as they did not install a dish and as you said
      He used the neighbour’s private Sky Dish to receive the satellite signal.
      I would think you need to get your neighbour to complain to Sky regarding the unauthorised use of his Dish by spectrum. As the only way to watch sky is through a dish and if one was not installed. How can there be a contract or warranty if you do not have the equipment. Look at your receipt of installation does it say that a dish was installed or supplied with the receiver.

Exchange:
      Thanks

i have no receipt of installation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast