Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD

This is a discussion on Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; yes that's the right Company...

halinlondon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky and SPECTRUM COMMERCIAL INSTALLATIONS LTD

yes that's the right Company

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by halinlondon View Post
      sky CS is not interested in helping me out. they say they have tried to contact Spectrum but no one picks up.
      tbh I have no idea of how third party installations work with Sky, if Sky say it is not their problem, then so be it.

However, as a customer, you are expected to have a warranty by the company that sold you the goods, let's say for arguement's sake, this is now Spectrum.

Spectrum should now put you in the position that you agreed, a working Sky installation. The fact that they used a neighbour's dish is horrendous.

so sky would not help as the contact is not with them?????? but i have a contact with sky and pay them too!!!!!!!!!! Sky will not send there engineers out unless i pay them too. it's MAD.
      I would imagine Sky would charge you the going rate of sending an engineer out in this case then which would be 65

What I would do is give Spectrum the chance to sort it by letter or phone call. Give them a reasonable time, ie 7 days. If they choose not to sort in this time period, speak to Trading Standards and make them aware of what has gone on.

I would be inclined to give Spectrum the chance to put things right, after 7 days if they refuse to do so, write again telling them that you have given them every chance and if the matter is still not sorted out within a further 7 days, that you will pay Sky to sort the problem out and then bill Spectrum for that charge, I cannot see how you would not win in a court of law. Hopefully, it will not get that far though.

Spectrum would not even let me through to a manager and when i did they said i must pay for a dish and call out charges "120+vat". they don't care.
      Well I have now sent them an email, offering them the chance to have their side of the story. For 100% openness and to show that we are unbiased, I have duplicated it below.

Hopefully they will do the honourable thing and now give you what you originally asked for.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to introduce myself, my name is xxx xxxx, one of the owners of SkyUser, which is an unofficial help and support forum for Sky / BSkyB customers.

A new member has quite recently joined and has posted a horrendous version of events, that I believe concerns your company.

Could I please ask you to comment, or if possible to sort this person's problems out, as he is obviously getting absolutely no where with Sky, or even yourselves. Obviously there are two sides to every story, and we would like to remain unbiased until such time all of the facts are made apparent. For this reason, I have contacted yourselves directly, as well as forwarding a copy of this email to our contact at Sky, to see if anything can be done to make this customer a happy one.

The particular issue in question can be found here,

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-s...-spectrum.html

I would also like permission from yourselves for myself to publish any replies that you may care to give us.

Yours faithfully,

xxx xxxx
      SkyUser.co.uk
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Ummmm

Not a good sign.

- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server:
      info@spectrumci.co.uk; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA inbound30.exchangedefender.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.0.0 <info@spectrumci.co.uk>... ExchangeDefender does not protect this email address

tracie.williams@spectrumci.co.uk; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address)

Remote MTA inbound30.exchangedefender.com: SMTP diagnostic: 550 5.0.0 <tracie.williams@spectrumci.co.uk>... ExchangeDefender does not protect this email address
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Thanks

Failed email ????

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Failed email ????
      Yup!

I have sent it to 2 different ones that I have just found, hopefully they will arrive.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I find the whole situation funny all i wanted was to get Sky to put a dish. A multi-bililion pound company with 20,00+ staff can't and will not put things right?????? am thinking of contacting the press or someone who would be interested in this strange set of events. ?? any ideas

Thanks
      Blog Entries

tbh mate, you have the patience of a saint. I would have told both Sky and Spectrum where to stick their contract if this had happened to me.

I am in no way saying what you are writing is not true, it's just surreal. I cannot understand why neither company wish to resolve it for you.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Just to let you know as well, I have sent an email to our contact at Sky to see if they could possibly help. This is not a guaranteed result though, as you can probably understand, we do not get preferrential treatment.

Hopefully, we can get this sorted for you, and you can then enjoy your satellite TV.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It's the old "passing the buck" syndrome many of our great British institutes are using instead of taking responsibility of there action. stranger things happened, am not the first or the last person sky and spectrum will treat in this way. i would not wish it to any one.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Right I going now, red wine is calling.

I will wait and see what results if any we can help you with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast