Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Connecting TVeye link

This is a discussion on Connecting TVeye link within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi there, I currently have my sky box on top of a unit which means that it visible to our ...

volterony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: sky broadband
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Connecting TVeye link

Hi there,

I currently have my sky box on top of a unit which means that it visible to our sky remote control. However, we have decided to hide the sky box in a new unit, which means the remote receiver of the skybox will be hidden from our sky remote control.

So I have bought a sky tv-eye link kit. I know this is primarily used for connecting two tv's so you can get sky on two different tv's. However my main purpose is just to use the TV-eye link component only!

So the question is, given that I need to hide the sky box in the new unit, which socket at the back of the sky box do I connect the TV-eye link component? This part is going to be visible outside my unit therefore I will be able to control the hidden sky box with my sky remote.

I have tried connecting the component (which is just a two-way arial fitting, connected to a wire, which connects to the small mouse-like infrared receiver), to the RF2 socket at the back of the sky-box, and hid the sky box, but nothing happens??

Hopefully I have explained this ok and someone can advise me?

cheers

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: Connecting TVeye link

Have you enabled the RF2 output?

Using the Sky remote press "Services" "4", "0", "1" "Select" option 4 "RF Outlets" set RF2 power supply to on, down arrow to "Save New Settings" press backup 3 times to exit.

mexia is offline Banned
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penrhyn View Post
      Have you enabled the RF2 output?

Using the Sky remote press "Services" "4", "0", "1" "Select" option 4 "RF Outlets" set RF2 power supply to on, down arrow to "Save New Settings" press backup 3 times to exit.
      If you don't mind me asking what should i expect to happen next?

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Providing your wiring is correct and your RF2 isnt faulty the red light on the magic eye should come on.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for getting back. I have tried doing what you said but I dont seem to be able to navigate to the RF2 settings. When I press my services button on my remote, I get sky+setup, when I click this button, I have the options to choose disk management, instand rewind etc. If I click on the settings icon, which is the small spanner icon, I have the options to change scart/rf1 picture format 16:9, RF2 Picture format 16:9 etc etc, but no option for RF settings?

So unfortunately, I can't seem to find the RF Outlets Icon. Maybe I have a different remote and screen options?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Press Services, 4, 0, 1, Select. Press the sequence regardless of what you see on the screen. Then, in the resulting Installers Setup, select RF Outlets and do as already suggested.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ok, I managed to connect the tveye link.

A couple of consideration for any person who wants to just connect the tveye link directly into your sky box in the future.

If you have the NEW sky+ with the new EPG, you press:

Services - 0 - 1 then - select. which brings you to the 'secret' menu which gives you the 'RF Out' option. Here you switch the RF outlet power supply to 'on'.

Next, plug your tv-eylink into RF2 out. Note the TV eye link looks like this:

If you have turned RF outlet to on and saved, when you plug in the TVeye link into RF2, a small red light should come on. Next to test the thing works, hide you sky+ box from your receiver and test the eyelink with your remote.

Now you are able to hide your sky+box in a cupoard or unit and be able to control the box using your tv eye link which should be visible on top of your unit/cupoard.

This website helped explain things: http://www.letsautomate.com/10570.cfm

Thanks for all your help, anyone who replied to my original question. You were bang on. You just need to drop the "4" when you go through the sequence: services - 4 - 0 - 1 - select.

cheers
      Volterony

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

It's [services] 401 [select] or (for latest HD boxes) [services] 001 [select].

Note that you press these buttons on the remote, not on the TV screen. (A lot of people complain "there is no 0 on the screen". It is not a touch-screen! You have to use the remote!)

Download full instructions here:
      Magic eye Problems with your TV Link?