Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Only 1 signal on Sky + Box

This is a discussion on Only 1 signal on Sky + Box within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi there. I'm new to this sky lark so bear with me if this is a stupid question. Been searching ...

skynovice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01273
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Only 1 signal on Sky + Box

Hi there.

I'm new to this sky lark so bear with me if this is a stupid question. Been searching various forums but not found the answer I need.
      Just had Sky + HD box installed into my flat (communal dish). I've been having intermittent signal problems resulting in failed recordings etc.

Looking at my signal on the Sky + options menu I have no signal for Input 2. I tried swapping the cables over from 1 to 2 and vice versa and then Signal 2 is ok but 1 is out. So it looks like the cables and connections are ok.

I have one cable running from the sat socket on my wall to input 1, and a second running from the return socket on my wall to input 2. This was fitted by the engineers. Is this correct or do I need to split the cable from the sat socket into two and then put one into each input?

I'm a bit of a novice with some of this technology lark so apologies for what may be a silly question but advices would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

2. Advertisement
      simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Only 1 signal on Sky + Box

You only have one satellite feed by the sounds of it, in flats with two feeds you usually have one point with "Sat 1" and one with "Sat 2" sat 1 and sat 2 going to input 1 and input 2 respectively. The return on those wall plates is for bedroom/other room outputs. You cannot split one satellite feed into two, you need to get your building management to get a contractor out to fit you a second satellite feed from the multiswitch if you want full sky+ functionality. As you say when you swap over feeds the signal follows the working feed.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Knightlore is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Only 1 signal on Sky + Box

You can set the HD box over to one feed. Its in the "installer menu"

Press select then go to settings, press select then 0,1,select then go to setup set single feed to on. You can only record the channel your watching though.