Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky plus HD in extra rooms

This is a discussion on Sky plus HD in extra rooms within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I apologise if this subject has been covered before but I am new to sky tv and although I have ...

Debicj is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01978
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Sky plus HD in extra rooms

I apologise if this subject has been covered before but I am new to sky tv and although I have searched the forums I can't find relevant info.

I would like to be able to watch sky in various rooms throughout my house. It doesn't matter if it's the same channel and I do not want to pay for multiroom. I do not want wires trailing all through the house.

The present setup is as follows: Aerial on roof with a wire to a box in the attic. From this box there are 5 other wires to tvs in various rooms. One of these wires goes into the living room but into the dvd recorder not the tv. The dvd recorder is connected to the tv. Also in this room I have the sky plus box which is connected to the tv and has a wire going to the sky dish.

Am I correct in thinking that if I run a wire from the rf2 output on the sky box, up to the box in the attic, then this would provide the solution? If this not the way to do it, then I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Advertisement
      Woodster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01442
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Re: Sky plus HD in extra rooms

You need to disconnect the TV aerial feed from the distribution amplifier in the loft, find which cable goes to the room that has the sky box and join them together. You have now redirected the aerial feed to the main tv point. Connect the aerial input cable to your sky box, then RF-1 to your DVD, then DVD to TV. You now need to run a cable from the RF-2 back up to the distribution amp and connect to the input.

Thanks

I'll need some help to get into the attic to do this but I'll try it when my hubby gets home. Thanks.

simonmpoulton is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chester Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks

Bear in mind if you want to control the sky box from the other rooms then you'll need a magic eye compatible distribution amp (with bypass) and magic eyes for each room. If you have an amstrad SKY HD make sure you get global magic eyes as the other eyes seem to be fussy with the amstrads.

Pace SKY HD With Seagate Pipeline HD 2TB

Thanks

I didn't get around to doing this but I am now thinking about it again. I just wondered if it could be done to feed only 1 other tv with sky, without getting another cable from the main tv up to the attic as to do this I would need to go up on to the roof and I don't fancy that. The remaining tv's would be ok as they are with freeview.

I don't need the dvd recorder so could I take the aerial wire from that and plug it into the sky box rf2, then use the other end of this wire in the attic to connect with the wire coming from the other tv that I want to watch sky on. Would this work?

I've just been quoted 160 to get one other tv connected to sky using a magic eye and to run a 10m cable from the sky dish to conservatory ready for multiroom. At this price, I am going to have to do it myself!