Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Poor picture quality with magic eye

This is a discussion on Poor picture quality with magic eye within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi can anybody help! I have recently installed a magic eye for my 2nd bedroom. But the picture quality is ...

stevieveg is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WMLON
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Poor picture quality with magic eye

Hi can anybody help! I have recently installed a magic eye for my 2nd bedroom. But the picture quality is poor on my Daughters tv in the 2nd bedroom. Firstly let me explain my set up.
      I already have Sky multiroom upstairs in my bedroom, but now Ive added it to my daughters bedroom using the Magic eye TV link. My Sky box in my bedroom isn't connected by a aerial cable; my Sky box was installed by a Sky engineer and is connected by a cable through the Dish Input 13/18V=350mA max socket on the back of my sky box. My scart socket from my TV is connected to my DVD recorder and I have a scart lead connecting the DVD recorder and Sky box. The picture in my bedroom is fine but my daughters is quite snowy, i purchased a 10M kit from ebay which was already set up, i have run the coax cable from the RF2 output from my sky digi box to the tv link adapter and then installed the tv link adapter straight in to my Daughters tv aerial socket. Iv'e played around changing the channels in the RF outlets, but the picture stays the same. Have i done everything right, any help would be great.
      Thanks,
      Steve

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Poor picture quality with magic eye

It could be a cable or connection problem, have you tried plugging in the extension without the magic eye to see if it is any different?

If you have no aerial connected to the TV then you should not suffer from cross modulation, I assume there is no other aerial directly into your daughters TV via a y splitter or similar.