Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Moving My Sky+ Box

This is a discussion on Moving My Sky+ Box within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi everyone just joint this for site im hoping you can help me out with a problem i have. When ...

dansmart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Moving My Sky+ Box

Hi everyone

just joint this for site

im hoping you can help me out with a problem i have. When i moved into my brand new house 2 years ago the layout of the house ment that the living room was upstairs, im now in the middle of converting my garage into my new living room so my new living room will be down stairs and the old living room will be turned into a master bedroom. So you can guess what im going to ask, how do i move my sky+ box into my garage? my sky dish is on the front of my house, so do i just pull the sky cable out of the old living room and run it down the front of the house into the garage? how do i go about connecting it all up, i have no phone socket or tv aerial in the garage at the mo

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Moving My Sky+ Box

It is as simple as running in two cables from the dish to the garage. Hopefully you will have a quad LNB on it and you can just run in the two cables as new, that way you can then keep the existing ones in the new master bedroom incase you decide to either go multiroom or freesat.

If you are unsure, a local aerial/satellite company can do it for you for not too much money.

dansmart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid/Everyday
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Hi Smithy
      thanks for your reply

i have not checked my sky dish yet it was installed in 2008 so i think it is a quad, if its not do i just unplug the two cables that are in the dish already and replace them with the new ones that will run into the garage?
      i understand i need a phone line for the sky+ box,so i will run a phone line extention from the kitchen dinner into the garage for that
      do i need a tv aerial to plug into the sky box as well? or can it run without it?

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

You can just unplug the existing ones if needed.

You don;t need a phone line unless you use the interactive features or order movies.

You don't need a TV aerial unless you also require to watch Freeview or normal TV in the garage, if you are happy to just watch the Sky channels in there the aerial is not needed.