Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky HD

This is a discussion on Sky HD within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Guys. I'm just new to the site and would like to start off by congratulating you on a job ...

Paulb6504 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belfast
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky HD

Hi Guys.
      I'm just new to the site and would like to start off by congratulating you on a job well done.

My question is, I have my parents 1 year old Sky HD box and want to connect it up to my own system to use for recording programs. I know what to do mechanically to set it up but when I phoned up Sky to get advice on pairing the box to my excisting card I was told by the operator that I still need to subscribe to the HD package for them to pair it up.

Is this true. I dont need the HD channels and that is why I never went about it normal way of getting Sky to install everything.

Any help on this matter is appriciated

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Sky HD

I assume you have a standard Sky digibox. This will obviously mean you don't have a Sky+ subscription for the recording function you need. With a Sky HD box you have to take the basic HD pack ( for free HD channels - BBC HD, C4HD, Luxe HD, and after 2 April ( presumably ) ITV 1 HD ). This sub, 10 per month, includes the full Sky+ functions. Without a Sky+ sub, there can be no recording.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

mickr is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Verwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

You do not neen a hd subsciption to record on Hd box . I changed my box to hd box which i Brought off ebay . I phoned sky and got it paired and can record all channels I subscibe to.They dropped the sky+ subsciption fee a good while ago.
      I eould ring again

Mickr

Paulb6504 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Belfast
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies. think I'm gonna go ahead and install and hope they waiver the fee. Will update as soon as its complete.