Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Advertising

This is a discussion on Sky Advertising within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Upon watching the first 2 episodes of Caprica tonight, I noticed two occurrences of Sky advertising that quite annoyed me. ...

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Sky Advertising

Upon watching the first 2 episodes of Caprica tonight, I noticed two occurrences of Sky advertising that quite annoyed me.

In the first episode, there was a banner ad at the bottom of the screen. Normally this does not bother me, but rather than simply having it superimpose over the image, it shrunk the actual image to allow for the advert at the bottom, therefore squashing the image, making it look funny.

I understand that this allows for the entire image to be shown, so that you don't miss anything, but it was at a point where there was no action happening at the bottom of the image, so the advert wouldn't have interfered with the action had it been superimposed.

In the second episode, shortly after one of the breaks, rather than showing a banner ad, they shrunk the entire image to less than 1/4 of the screen, and had a full screen advert for Lost for about 5 seconds. Pain in the ****.

This just annoys me. I know that this is likely the future of Sky advertising, but it ruins the nice HD image that we have on screen.

I don't actually watch my Sky that often, only for specific shows, so I don't know if this is the norm now, or when it started.

Anyone else happen to notice this?

2. Advertisement
      paulcarrm9mx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Sky Advertising

it looks like they are following the american style tv. were they show banners for upcoming shows that are inline with the show on screen. or season prems

both CW and SYFY do this as normal

i have noticed they are also using the four small box style especially Sanctuary on ITV4 which show the same moment from four aspects really really annoying