Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky box remote control issue

This is a discussion on Sky box remote control issue within the Sky & Sky+ TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Right, this is driving me mad!! Basically I've started using an ordinary Sky digi box as my Sky+ box was ...

Matt_S is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky box remote control issue

Right, this is driving me mad!!

Basically I've started using an ordinary Sky digi box as my Sky+ box was knackered. Ive tried setting up the remote control so that it controls my Samsung LCD TV. Once it has accepted the code it controls the TV fine but it stops working the Sky box...then after a few mins it reverts to controlling the Sky box but you can no longer control the TV.

What am I doing wrong?!?

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Re: Sky box remote control issue

You may be missing a step in setting up everything. I've done this often.

First, it's best to reset the remote. Press 'tv' on the remote, then hold down 'select' & 'red' together ( remote LED flashes twice ). Key in 999 ( remote LED flashes twice ). Then press Sky, and make sure the remote changes channels on the digibox.

To re-input the tv code, press 'tv' then hold down 'select' & 'red' together ( remote LED flashes twice ). Press 'tv' again, then input the tv code ( remote LED flashes twice ). Now press the 'standby' button, and the tv should switch off. If it does, Press 'select' to store the code. Press Sky to return the remote to control the digibox and the tv's volume. Hopefully this will be OK.

Make sure that the remote is not pointing to the tv/digibox as you are making these key changes, only when you are actually testing them.

For more:

Sky Digibox remote control codes for your television
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),